First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

Last weekend the 4x4 rhein-waal expo offroad- and overlanding expo took place in Germany, Europe. I just like to give our great community herewith a brief impression what it was like and what it is all about.

We have several offroad- and overlanding expos in Germany. Many of you willof course know the famous "Abenteuer Allrad" which is really big. Beside that several smaller regional expos take place here. One of them ist the 4x4rhein-waal. This expo takes place at an event area located at the Lower Rhine in the west of Germany near the border to the Netherlands. It is especially nice that after his tragic death, the family of the founder of the expo continues what he built.

The still relatively new offroad expo 4x4 rhein-waal took place for the first time three years ago. The offroad and travel scene was enthusiastic right away. And so it was again very nice this year. We had great warm spring-like weather and already on friday afternoon the camp area was well filled. The fair is rather small with three halls on 9,000 square meters. But there was a lot to see. 4x4s, vans, off-road vehicles, expedition vehicles, SUVs, accessories, outdoor equipment, spare parts, tents, RTTs, etc. Over 70 exhibitors were on site. In addition, there was again an outdoor area where a little action was provided. Everyone who dared was also allowed to ride in a rally car. For a small donation for a social project. Great.

The Camparea quickly turned into an overlander meetup. We had great conversations around the campfire and exchanged travel stories until late into the night. It was very nice that also @Taco_runner was with us in the camp. We had a great time.

Some random pictures:

20220325_163649.jpg

20220326_105702.jpg

20220326_110823.jpg

20220325_183543.jpg

20220325_200128.jpg

Cheers, Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Bjoern, it is still amazing to me that Overlanding is world wide. That their are people all over the world getting out there. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you, Todd! It is always a pleasure to share experiences with our great international community here.

Wellspring

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Spirakis
My wife (born in Germany) and I would love to ship our Toyota Tacoma Off Road over to Europe to travel around, but the costs are to expensive. Easier to travel by train with a backpack.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Traveling by train also has its disadvantages. If you actually intend to come to Europe and ship your rig here, let me know, happy to give tips and show good places.

Reactions: Wellspring