Enthusiast III

McKinney, Texas, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beaubouef
Member #

Hey guys/gals,
We are just starting out with this Overland camping. Currently using a 2003 Yukon XL 2WD (shopping 4x4). Have searched but what I'm looking for does not come up. We are looking for really nice campsites with scenic views, and fairly easy routes that a 2WD can get to. Is there something in the Gaia GPS that will tell me that? I don't mind the reading and learning, we're just not savvy to searching these forums.

thanks

Infidel439

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Virginia
Hey guys/gals,
We are just starting out with this Overland camping. Currently using a 2003 Yukon XL 2WD (shopping 4x4). Have searched but what I'm looking for does not come up. We are looking for really nice campsites with scenic views, and fairly easy routes that a 2WD can get to. Is there something in the Gaia GPS that will tell me that? I don't mind the reading and learning, we're just not savvy to searching these forums.

thanks
Yeah I have been looking and not much luck either. Glad I'm not the only one!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Another great idea @grumpy1056 (using the map to find spots)! I quite often pore over MVUM and forest service maps looking for camp spots, roads to follow, etc. Have found a lot of great stuff that way.

Reactions: Grumpy's Travels

Grumpy's Travels

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, Texas, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beaubouef
Member #

Another great idea @grumpy1056 (using the map to find spots)! I quite often pore over MVUM and forest service maps looking for camp spots, roads to follow, etc. Have found a lot of great stuff that way.
Yes, I've been doing that as well! I'm thinking that if I see something of potential, I can call the Rangers and ask how the roads are.

Reactions: Ubiety