Rank V

Enthusiast III

New Hope, Alabama, United States
First Name
Kajetan
Last Name
Groicher
Member #

Hey gang. Just wanted to put this out there as I know it’s a theme that comes up from time to time. That being “How big can I go?”

My rig is a 2005 Silverado 1500 (Not HD). Stock it came with 265 70 17s. Four years ago I put on some 285 70 17s. The truck was still stock at the time, and the tires fit fine. No rubbing at all, and the torsion keys remained at the stock setting.

Recently, I wanted to go a bit taller but was not interested in a big lift or super tall tires. My rig is a daily driver, all-purpose truck. I need it for everything from getting to work, to camping, to getting out of dodge. So, while I wanted a bit more clearance, I didn’t want to go crazy.

I opted for a Rough Country leveling kit. The rear had 2” blocks and new shocks. Front has new shocks and keys. The keys are at about the mid point setting, maybe a touch less.

I did a preemptive NorCal tuck and fender trim. This turned out to be unnecessary near as I can tell.

I just got home with new BFG KO2 285 75 17s on her. I do not have any rub at all, and the clearance looks like I’ll still be good to go on some moderate off road.

Hope this helps if anyone is looking this direction. Should be good for 01-07 and “Classic” Silverado 1500s.

Attachments

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Very nice, on my previous 00' silverado biggest i went was what you have now 285's

Last edited:
Reactions: K-G