MMett

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Savannah, GA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Mettler
The bronco I ordered way back is finally being built in June. It’s has Sasquatch, hard top, 4 door and high package. I’ll take delivery and sell it for $65,000 if anyone is interested. Black on black. Located Coastal Georgia.

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
Curious as to why you’re selling your yet to be delivered rig

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

We were at a local, somewhat large area dealer yesterday. Multi-denomination dealer, sectioned off my marque: Chevy, Jeep. Ford, Toyota. And others. Lady Beagle was interested in the Maverick, and they are the only ones around who had any at all on the Ford lot - about 5 of them. They also had about 10 Broncos.

I'll say that the most expensive Jeep we saw was a Rubicon - 2 door, 4 door or Gladiator, the most expensive was about $55k, with maybe one up to 60.

There wasnt EVEN a Bronco available for that price. They were all $70k plus. Sorry but no. As excited as I was about the Bronco when they announced bringing it back, that is just too rich for my blood at this point. We dis hop in some of them and they are much nicer and more comfortable than the Jeeps.

So, next we went to check out the Mav's. Typically they were AWD with some added options. $32k but with a written MARKET ADJUSTMENT $15,000 USD. What? That puts it up close to Rubicon territory, certainly used Ruby. This for a compact truck that was touted to be available for what, $25k?

I just dont see myself in the "new" market, or even the lightly used market any time in the foreseeable future.

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

Rochester, Washington, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRQJ715
We were at a local, somewhat large area dealer yesterday. Multi-denomination dealer, sectioned off my marque: Chevy, Jeep. Ford, Toyota. And others. Lady Beagle was interested in the Maverick, and they are the only ones around who had any at all on the Ford lot - about 5 of them. They also had about 10 Broncos.

I'll say that the most expensive Jeep we saw was a Rubicon - 2 door, 4 door or Gladiator, the most expensive was about $55k, with maybe one up to 60.

There wasnt EVEN a Bronco available for that price. They were all $70k plus. Sorry but no. As excited as I was about the Bronco when they announced bringing it back, that is just too rich for my blood at this point. We dis hop in some of them and they are much nicer and more comfortable than the Jeeps.

So, next we went to check out the Mav's. Typically they were AWD with some added options. $32k but with a written MARKET ADJUSTMENT $15,000 USD. What? That puts it up close to Rubicon territory, certainly used Ruby. This for a compact truck that was touted to be available for what, $25k?

I just dont see myself in the "new" market, or even the lightly used market any time in the foreseeable future.
Just read an article recently about this. Ford Dealerships are franchises, and Ford Corporate doesn’t have much control over them.

Ford corporate CEO is trying to figure out how to set transparent prices that dealers can’t mess with, but there are a whole slew of state laws protecting the dealerships and their markups.

Highlighted in the article was a 90k F-150 Lightning that a dealer had marked up to 149k or something close to that.

Dealerships are taking advantage of high demand and low supply. It’ll take several years to even back out, but many cars will be sold online in the future - pick out what you want and wait for it to be built.

Reactions: Ryker

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Just read an article recently about this. Ford Dealerships are franchises, and Ford Corporate doesn’t have much control over them.

Ford corporate CEO is trying to figure out how to set transparent prices that dealers can’t mess with, but there are a whole slew of state laws protecting the dealerships and their markups.

Highlighted in the article was a 90k F-150 Lightning that a dealer had marked up to 149k or something close to that.

Dealerships are taking advantage of high demand and low supply. It’ll take several years to even back out, but many cars will be sold online in the future - pick out what you want and wait for it to be built.
Yep. WE can control the situation. We left. Some other time, maybe.