Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
The show is at a better venue but there were less vendors. There was like 1 roof top tent that looked awful and the bd diesel and leer trucks were the only ones that looked overlandy . I was definately the only overlander in the show and shine (of course we lost).
Show sounds like it was a flop !

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Show sounds like it was a flop !
I guess you can say that, every year it seems it get smaller. Vendos were packing up and leaving early on the first day so that probably aint a good sign. The obstacle course was fun for what it is. I got alot of ooohs and ahhs when i bottomed out on my transfer case skidplate.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I just remembered, one of the biggest let downs of the show was this year they didnt have the portable dyno which was one of the main reasons i wanted to go. I know im putting down more than the stock 180hp figures, im guessing atleast a 190hp or more calculated from my butt dyno. Oh well maybe next year probably not though.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

I just remembered, one of the biggest let downs of the show was this year they didnt have the portable dyno which was one of the main reasons i wanted to go. I know im putting down more than the stock 180hp figures, im guessing atleast a 190hp or more calculated from my butt dyno. Oh well maybe next year probably not though.
It is sad to see events slowly diminish in quality/what they have. Makes me fearful that over time they may no longer exist. At least not the local ones.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

It is sad to see events slowly diminish in quality/what they have. Makes me fearful that over time they may no longer exist. At least not the local ones.
Thats why i attend every one i can locally which is only like 3 in the dfw area. They are definately getting smaller and less people attending. Yep it sucks but texas isnt really known for awesome offroading areas so i kind of understand why its dying.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

The next upcoming show is rednecks with paychecks march 19-22. I know its certainly not for everyone on here. Im a redneck though so i love it.

Then the last show in the dfw area will be the 4wp truck and jeep fest from may 16-17 they usually have quite a few overlanding related stuff going on and it is free.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

RWP probably wouldn’t be the weekend trip the wife wants for our anniversary...

but if I can swing it I’ll try to make it in may. It’s the week afterward get back from our vacation. Still undecided where we are going that week

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

RWP probably wouldn’t be the weekend trip the wife wants for our anniversary...

but if I can swing it I’ll try to make it in may. It’s the week afterward get back from our vacation. Still undecided where we are going that week
Yeah rwp just depends on if i feel like drinking moonshine, getting into fist fights and being muddy head to toe, it gets pretty rowdy and someone usually dies at the event.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Yeah rwp just depends on if i feel like drinking moonshine, getting into fist fights and being muddy head to toe, it gets pretty rowdy and someone usually dies at the event.
Yep. I never went, but it was always really popular with everyone when I dipped into the local mud racing crowd for a brief while decades ago. They say it’s one hell of a party though. Lol