St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
I know it's super early... But I've got to schedule all my vacation for next year this month, lol. Any rough plans for group trips next year like we did this year (Memorial weekend, Gallaher, etc)? Thought I'd ask...

@jdunk

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

There are lots of plans in the very early planning stages. The goal is to have at least 2 OB events, possibly 3.

Unfortunately, I can't say when or where they are going to be yet. I really like taking advantage of 3 day weekends. I'm not sure if Memorial Day weekend will work this year. I fear we're going to have way more snow than we had last year, and we remember how THAT went....

A couple thoughts are Olympic National Forest, and maybe some of the northern parts of the ORBDR...? Lots of decisions.

As soon as I have dates and locations I will let everyone know for sure!

Reactions: Quicksilver

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
I think Memorial Weekend could work, maybe we could do something in Oregon? Probably wouldn't see any snow down here

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Does anyone have any idea what the John Day Oregon area is like around Memorial Day?

I wast thinking about Rte 4 of the ORBDR as an OB NW run. Any intel would be great.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Does anyone have any idea what the John Day Oregon area is like around Memorial Day?

I wast thinking about Rte 4 of the ORBDR as an OB NW run. Any intel would be great.
In years past the camp ground does fill up fast. I would say get some who are willing to camp out a few days before and save spaces! Benz.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Do you have any insight as to what the snow levels are like? That's my biggest concern right now.
jdunk,
It been a long time since I did any camping there. They do not get much for snow there though. Did you see my thread on camping by Lake Chelan? Even last year was dry, sunny here with no snow. There is a small lake with primitive campsites that I wanted to organize a camp out. It does have an out house,and many sites to camp right next to Anton Lake. It is also free. Many places to wheel and explore. Benz.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

jdunk,
It been a long time since I did any camping there. They do not get much for snow there though. Did you see my thread on camping by Lake Chelan? Even last year was dry, sunny here with no snow. There is a small lake with primitive campsites that I wanted to organize a camp out. It does have an out house,and many sites to camp right next to Anton Lake. It is also free. Many places to wheel and explore. Benz.
I don't know if I saw that post or not.

Sounds like it will be a good time and location for an OB trip!

Jackman547

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Grande, Or
First Name
David
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

I’m new on here but I would definitely be interested in doing a trip to the John day area. I’m also planning on doing OBDR route 5 whenever there isn’t a risk of snow this spring/summer

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I’m new on here but I would definitely be interested in doing a trip to the John day area. I’m also planning on doing OBDR route 5 whenever there isn’t a risk of snow this spring/summer
Route 5 is the entire length of Oregon North/South. I did a lot of route 5 this summer along with 2 and 6.

I just posted a thread to gauge interest in the trip so that I can have an idea as to how to plan for numbers.

Jackman547

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Grande, Or
First Name
David
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

Route 5 is the entire length of Oregon North/South. I did a lot of route 5 this summer along with 2 and 6.

I just posted a thread to gauge interest in the trip so that I can have an idea as to how to plan for numbers.
Kind of off topic but how did you like route 5? And what parts did you do? Any suggestions/tips?