2017 F350 Overland

• HTML tutorial

Ric0chet808

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Sumner WA
Still inspired by your build. I'm getting really curious with the new Super Duty with that 7.3 L gas engine. By the time I'm ready to make a purchase that might be the ticket. I really can't justify a diesel. I'm thinking F350 with the new 7.3 gasser. Every time I start second-guessing the size of the super duty compared to my F-150 I keep getting reminded that both trucks are pretty similar in the size category I mean they share the same cab.. I keep thinking that maybe I don't want a vehicle that's much wider than the F-150 but it's really more of a length and height issue then width.

Right now I'm also eager to see what the new Bronco looks like.

I'm torn because with the amount of work that I do realistically I cannot do the longer grand trips I envision using the F350 for. So the smaller SUV option really does make more practical sense.

Don't tell my wife but the long-term plan is to do both. Lol. I'll get the Bronco as a daily driver and for short trips and then in a few years do the F-350 as the dream Wanderer build and not have to worry about the constraints of using it as a daily driver.

Absolutely gorgeous truck and set up. The thing that gets me is how perfect the tailgate step meshes with the camper package. I have noticing more and more overlanders at least in the USA are jumping on either the power wagon or the F-series super duties.

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
Thx for the positive feedback, again. I’m also really curious about the upcoming Bronco, can’t wait. I just read a teaser about the 7.3 gasser. It’ll be interesting to see how that comes to market. The shop that installed my new bumper is Goose Gear in Westminster, CA. The owner, Brian, is a good guy and owns a 2017 F350 super cab. He’s been an inspiration for my build. You might reach out to him for input on super cab vs super crew if/when you get serious about F350 configurations. My best friend bought a 2018 F150 crew cab, which he is loving. To your point, it is the same cab (F150/F350), so certainly there are many overland options.

Last edited:

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
In a few weeks I'm getting custom cabinets and a jerry can rack installed in my bed. The first pic below is my before shot. A local shop in our area fabricates parts made to order, and I'm optimizing storage w/o compromising floor space. I'm also adding some more pics from Crystal Cove State Park in Laguna, love that place. And finally, I splurged and bought a BubbaRope snatch strap.

Attachments