mnicosia23

Rank 0

Traveler I

Rochester, NY, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nicosia
Nice setup man! Those wheels and tires look good on there. I have a '17 Double Cab 4WD and am looking to get into the overlanding world next summer. I will be in the fire academy up here in NY until about July but once that is complete I plan on buying the necessities for my truck and taking a short trip to figure out what else I need. How do you like the leveling kit? I have gone back and forth on 2.5" leveling kit vs Rough Country's 3.5" lift (cost of other brands being a slight issue for me currently) but have heard bad reviews about RC.

Reactions: JButtress

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Nice setup man! Those wheels and tires look good on there. I have a '17 Double Cab 4WD and am looking to get into the overlanding world next summer. I will be in the fire academy up here in NY until about July but once that is complete I plan on buying the necessities for my truck and taking a short trip to figure out what else I need. How do you like the leveling kit? I have gone back and forth on 2.5" leveling kit vs Rough Country's 3.5" lift (cost of other brands being a slight issue for me currently) but have heard bad reviews about RC.
I"m loving my leveling kit. Haven't experienced any issues in the 18 month or so I've had it. I didn't want to go any higher since I'm already kind of top heavy with the tent

mnicosia23

Rank 0

Traveler I

Rochester, NY, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nicosia
Yea I hear ya, was there a noticeable difference in height? I'm just worried about pulling the trigger on a leveling kit and getting it installed just to be disappointed with the gains. Also what brand did you go with?

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Yea I hear ya, was there a noticeable difference in height? I'm just worried about pulling the trigger on a leveling kit and getting it installed just to be disappointed with the gains. Also what brand did you go with?
Rough Country 2.5". I'm thinking of getting the Icon Dynamics later next year maybe. Would be a pricey upgrade though

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

More updates haha. Had some issues with the Roam tent, and they offered me a full refund. With that said, I went and got the tent I wanted from the beginning, the BunduTec BunduTop electric tent. Drove all the way to Iowa over the weekend to get it. Can't wait to get out and use it now.

Also, had a National Luna Dual Battery system and Odyssey battery installed to hard wire the fridge to.

Attachments

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

How hard is that deck system to take out if you need to make Home Depot trips, etc?
Well haven't had to take it out yet after a year. It certainly limits what I can transport with the bed rack. It's tied down with 4 J-hooks, one in each corner of the bed and then the screws down the center. So would be a pretty big pain to take out consistently