US West 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon with Ursa Minor camper, TrekBoxx drawer System, ARB, etc... S.F. California $49K

• HTML tutorial

Frankecar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Dixon, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Inglesby
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6FCY
For Sale is our 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 6-speed manual with 92,000 miles and a LONG list of modifications to make it a great overland rig. The build has been kept as simple/smooth as possible outside to stay relatively inconspicuous and still fit in our standard garage, parking garages, and even through a normal car wash which is nice after the trial. The first $21K in parts went on with the previous owner, and I've don the last $11K. The Ursa Minor camper top and flat floor conversion make this a very comfortable and VERY quick to set up sleeping solution. From ignition off to bed, even in feet of snow, sand, etc. is 5 minutes or less. This has allowed my wife and I to leave home on a Friday afternoon and arrive in camp late without hesitation. At 6'2" tall, I can stand inside too, and the sleeping space is more than long enough for me, so no worries if you're taller. This Although capable, this Jeep has never seen hard trails, only forest road/trail type use and this is quite obvious when you see the fuel tank skid, axles, etc as they have never seen contact with rocks. Here is the list of modifications:

Ursa Minor Vehicles J30 camper top with full black texture
TrekBoxx Alpha overland storage drawer system.
ARB fridge
Warn 12S Platinum 12,000 lb remote controlled winch
Factor55 Ultra Hook
35" BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A Tires
Level 8 tracker wheels
AEV Tubeless front bumper, skid plate, and winch mount
AEV rear bumper with water tanks
AEV spare tire carrier
AEV HiLift/Pull Pal mount
Fiskars all-steel shovel
HiLift Jack Extreme with Lift Mate, extra chain, handle keeper, 30' strap, and off-road kit.
AEV Fuel Caddy
AEV 2.5" DualSport suspension
RockHard4x4 boat side rock sliders/steps
Genesis dual battery system
2 Odyssey 34-PC1500T batteries
CU Offroad flat floor conversion
JW Speaker J2 Headlights
JW Speakerturn signals
Trail Forged front short arms with Johhny Joints
Trail Forged front lower control arm skid plates
Trail Forged axle bushings
AEV ProCal module (for correct tire size)
Lumen Light bar
AirLift 1000 bags out back to allow adjustability with varying load
Bolt hood lock
A-Pillar switch pod
Rugged Ridge phone mount
Rugged ridge 7.8 shackles
Axle-back exhaust system

I'll need to take more pictures, but here are some to get the the thread started:

IMG_1291.jpeg
IMG_2638.jpeg
1F1A1387.jpeg
20200216_071618.jpeg
20200217_085822.jpeg
IMG_1421.jpeg
IMG_1816.jpeg
IMG_2006.jpeg
IMG_2016.jpeg
IMG_2156.jpeg
IMG_2559.jpeg
IMG_2576.jpeg
IMG_2876.jpeg

Frankecar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Dixon, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Inglesby
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6FCY
Hi Joseph, yes, It is still available. We have a little over 99,000 miles now, and recently changed the gear oil in the differentials along with another engine oil change, but the ad is otherwise correct.

Frankecar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Dixon, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Inglesby
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6FCY
If still available, what is the price?
Most likely no, though everything is for sale right? I'm currently working on installing Dynatrac axles, Hutchinson wheels, Tom Woods driveshafts, Fox air bumps, RareParts ball joints, etc.

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

Most likely no, though everything is for sale right? I'm currently working on installing Dynatrac axles, Hutchinson wheels, Tom Woods driveshafts, Fox air bumps, RareParts ball joints, etc.
Sounds like an amazing build. How is the Ursa for wind/road noise? Any leaks in heavy rain?

Frankecar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Dixon, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Inglesby
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6FCY
Sounds like an amazing build. How is the Ursa for wind/road noise? Any leaks in heavy rain?
No wind noise at all. Zero. Road noise is improved significantly over the stock hard or soft top, likely due to the thicker fiberglass, lots of padding, and carpet like headliner. We have had occasional water drip in by the front of driver doors in certain ice-melt situations, but it is rare. The tent stays dry inside in the wettest weather. The only time it gets wet is from condensation on cold nights, and this freezes if it is much below 10 deg F.

Reactions: Mrprez

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

Thank you. Looking very hard at one of these.
So no leaking with the top down and driving...occasional drop. When top up nothing but frozen condensation when really cold...correct?
Is there anything I need to look at or be concerned about?

Frankecar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Dixon, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Inglesby
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6FCY
Thank you. Looking very hard at one of these.
So no leaking with the top down and driving...occasional drop. When top up nothing but frozen condensation when really cold...correct?
Is there anything I need to look at or be concerned about?
Correct. I'd say that's it. And the leaking is only When there is a good amount of ice built up against the front of the camper and it comes in where the camper, windshield, and door meet, and the temp rises enough for that ice to melt. I think this is a common JK problem and there is a TSB about adjusting the windshield to deal with it, but the issue is so rare we haven't looked into it.

Reactions: Wandrng