2002 xterra new overland need a little help

• HTML tutorial

Ericthebarbarian

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Brooklyn, NY
Member #

Hey, I'm Eric, looking to lift 02 Xterra rig. I looked rancho kits and D22 ultimate lift kit from nisstechlift. Anyone here who has 02 Xterra with either lift kits and some feedback on them

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Darren01

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hope Mills, North Carolina
Member #

4x4parts.com is also a good option. They have quality parts and good prices. Rancho's are ok, I only know of 1 person with a 1 or 1.5 gen that has that lift, and he doesn't mind it. But says the shocks that come with it aren't all tht great.

Have you done the PML yet?

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

i used to have a 2000 xterra. i got the non-adjustable lift shackles from 4x4parts and turned the torsion bars a bit. simple, cheap and effective. what more could you ask for. cleared 31s no problem. 32s might have fit too. just don't overdo the torsion lift. its called the poor man lift, or pml on most forums. i also added some slightly longer rancho shocks because i pulled the sway bar. might get away with stock shocks if you keep the sway bar on. the ride home after i snapped both stock shocks was a bit bouncy. get longer ones if you are the flexy type.

Ericthebarbarian

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Brooklyn, NY
Member #

No I haven't done PML lift? Still looking to see how the PML would hold up with off road trails. Thx guys for responding.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

Ranchos werent that great. Go bilstein. However you spell that. 4x4parts has beefy torsion bars tjat are a decent price if you are really gonna drive it. Not a bad idea anyway since the ones you have are like 20 years old almost.

Reactions: Darren01

Darren01

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hope Mills, North Carolina
Member #

PML is just the acronym for "Poor Mans Lift" all you're doing is cranking your torsion bars to lift the front of the truck about 1 1/5" then put shackles or an aal in the rear to also lift about 1" or so.

Thousands of people have done that and taken their Xs off road with no problems at all. So it's safe to say that a PML will hold up off road.

Honestly, in my opinion, you're better off piecing your lift together from 4x4parts. The AC UCAs in the front, Bilstein 5100s all around, shackle, aal, or a new leaf pack in the rear, and torsion bars (not 100% necessary though). But you'll be able to get about 3" of lift with quality parts.