Michigan, USA
First Name
Gregg
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Service Branch
NAVY
I'm trying to find a good suspension lift. I don't want to lift any more than 2-4" want to keep it mild for now. As my over lander is also my daily driver. Picture for Attention.

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Are you just wanting a little extra height for trails or trying to go big for rock krawling?

Iron Rock Offroad has some great kits from full long arm kits to simple lifts.

On such an aged jeep plan to look at tie rod's, bushings, motor mounts etc. What works fine now might not work so good when lifted.

I ran a couple different setups on my WJ and ultimately ended with 4" IRO Springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks, and Core 4x4 short arms with a rear A Arm spacer. All in all it rode pretty good and was plenty flexy.

Reactions: Gasket666

Gasket666

Rank II

Contributor III

Michigan, USA
First Name
Gregg
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Service Branch
NAVY
For now I just need a little extra height.... not so much flex. rock crawling sounds cool, but out of my league at the moment.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

3" IRO foundation lift is what I'm running and have been happy with it. For around $550 you get 3" taller springs, new shocks, adj. Track bar and rear sway bar links. Decent kit for the money but you will want to change a few other parts when you lift. I would suggest new spring insulators, HD steering stabilizer and check all the bushings in the control arms. Also when you lift the WJ's they like to wander a bit due to the rear sway bar being tiny, Addco offers an HD setup if you don't like the wobbly feeling of it lifted. At 3" lift with minor trimming you can clear a 265/70R17, roughly 32"x10.5. With lots of trimming I can clear a 33x12.5 but rub at full lock in front.