Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Guthrie
Member #

Brand new, still in box, 2” SST kit by ReadyLift for 2015-2019 Subaru Outback. Part number 69-9520. Retails for $399.99 asking $275 plus shipping.

Last edited:

carlospalooza

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

NE Los Angeles
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

I have a 2014 Crosstrek and Im currently researching kits. Did you go with another lift kit? If so, what kit did you end up with and why? I was considering ReadyLift and LP. There is a pretty big price difference. Does anyone know why? Sorry I know youre trying to sell your kit. I dont mean to hijack this thread. If it fit a Crosstrek, Id definitely be interested.

bumpo83

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Guthrie
Member #

I have a 2014 Crosstrek and Im currently researching kits. Did you go with another lift kit? If so, what kit did you end up with and why? I was considering ReadyLift and LP. There is a pretty big price difference. Does anyone know why? Sorry I know youre trying to sell your kit. I dont mean to hijack this thread. If it fit a Crosstrek, Id definitely be interested.
The biggest difference is that the other kits come with the rear multi link spacers. ReadyLift doesn’t require the rear spacers because their lift is actually 2” in the front and between 1.25”-1.5” in the rear. By having less lift in the rear they can get away with not using the spacers and still keeping the rear axles close enough to center. Anything over the 1.25” lift usually requires the rear multi link spacers. I want to run different springs in the rear which would add additional lift and also require me to run the multi link spacers. The kit actually sold this morning so no worries for asking!

carlospalooza

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

NE Los Angeles
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

I plan on reusing the same struts and springs for now. so ReadyLift may be ok for me then. I may only go with 225/65/17 tires which is pretty close to stock so I think Ill be safe with 2" up front ant 1.5" in the rear. Any thoughts?

Reactions: bumpo83

carlospalooza

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

NE Los Angeles
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

It does help thank you. I actually called ReadyLift earlier today and they said they should be releasing the older Crosstrek (2014) kits in mid March. So I guess I’ll wait until then.

bumpo83

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Guthrie
Member #

It does help thank you. I actually called ReadyLift earlier today and they said they should be releasing the older Crosstrek (2014) kits in mid March. So I guess I’ll wait until then.
ReadyLift is kind of new to the game for lift kits for Subaru’s. I’d look into Rallitek, Anderson Design Fab, and LP Aventures too.

Reactions: carlospalooza

Contributor I

Waynesville, NC
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Collins
I plan on reusing the same struts and springs for now. so ReadyLift may be ok for me then. I may only go with 225/65/17 tires which is pretty close to stock so I think Ill be safe with 2" up front ant 1.5" in the rear. Any thoughts?
I have the 2" Readylift kit on my 2018 Outback. I'm using my stock Limited 18" rims with 235/60r18 Yokohama Geolander GO15s. I love this setup. I'll be posting pics later this week.

carlospalooza

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

NE Los Angeles
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

I know this reply is a long time coming, and way after the last post, however I recently went with and installed the ReadyLift part# 69-9315 for my 2014 Crosstrek. Im pretty handy and completed this installation on my own. Although most videos on YouTube and the instructions generally start with the front, I started with the rear since Im a "get the hardest thing out of the way first" type of guy. The tools required were pretty basic and overall installation was not that hard - after the second attempt. Although previously mentioned in this post, I was confused as to why there werent spacers for the for all points on the cradle bracket in the rear, which caused me to abandon my first attempt. Although ReadyLift was very quick to answer questions, its the quality and lack of care in their responses I was disappointed in. I sent them a pretty detailed question, along with a YouTube video I found, of a private person installing a competitor's lift kit, pointing out the exact part of the installation I had a questions about. There were no detailed videos I could find of the ReadyLift kit for my gen Subaru, but after looking at a few videos and researching a bunch of different kits, I found that the installation procedures and parts across all kits were pretty similar. Theyre response pretty much consisted of them saying, "You have the right part for your vehicle, and we cant speak for other company's kits". This shouldve been a red flag to pack up the kit and return it, but I stuck with the purchase, did a little more research, and completed the installation.
After installation, the Crosstrek drove well and I was happy with the slight gain in clearance. I wish I could say that was the end of it, however soon after I started to notice a rubbing or grinding noise from the front strut area when turning the wheels. After lots of troubleshooting, I discovered that the top of the Damper Strut was rubbing against the dust cover on the top of the strut. This was apparent when looking at the top of the strut through the engine compartment. The top rubber part of the strut was smashed against the ReadyLift spacer, which didnt look right to me. I contacted ReadyLift and they told me that I should left out the rubber dust cap which basically meant I had to take apart the whole front assembly to remove it. I pointed out to them that nowhere in their instructions, did it say to omit the original strut dust cap. I suggested that they should update their instructions informing the installer to leave out the dust cap or modify their kit to accommodate the dust cap. I think modifying their PDF online and the paper version that comes with the kit wouldve been the most cost effective way to fix this for future shade tree installers like myself, which I feel may be a pretty big or growing part of their business. They never commented and seemed to be OK with just telling someone to take apart nearly half of the job to remove something they never instructed you on. Most likley, this may be a result of the skill level and hands on experience of the person fielding these types of questions. Again, I felt this was a lack of care and quality, not to mention lack of wanting to communicate with their customers in the most effective way.
Since the noise is just annoying, and doesnt seem to actually hurt anything, Ill leave things as is. Id rather have the dust cover on anyway. Bottom line, I wouldnt buy this kit again for the reasons listed.
Im not posting this to bad mouth ReadyLift because Im sure they sell a bunch of quality products to customers that are very happy. Im more like informing the community of what to expect, as well as to not make the same mistakes I made if purchasing and installing this particular kit. I would hate for someone else to get in the middle of a much more complicated lift and have to rely on the type of responses I received from ReadyLift. Again, I am happy with the lift and ride.