Contributor III

Idaho, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Musil
Service Branch
Air Force
Finally have my truck in a reliable stage. I won't be back home until late this fall, so no trips this summer. I plan to finish prepping it this winter, and get out in the spring and start my family's adventures.

Truck is a 99 Chevy K2500 Suburban, 454 BBC, 4l80e auto trans, auto-trac push button 4wd, 14bolt full float rear axle, 4.10 gears.

I bought the truck with a bad motor, and the interior in rough shape. Truck had 210k miles. I replaced the motor over the course of a few months. After that I tackled refurbishing the steering/suspension components. Got a decent set of wheels, and new tires (Falken Wildpeak AT3W's 33x11). I would love to go bigger on the tires, but that is not possible without a lift.

This winter I will be redoing the interior, new upholstery, carpet, and headliner. New Android Auto/Apple Car Play stereo, new speakers, back up camera etc.

For better performance I will be installing an auto locker in the rear.

Specific for overlanding. I bought a used but good condition Tuff Stuff Ranger RTT(older version not the new 65"). This of course came with the annex, and the guy threw in a cheaper awning that he had purchased. It arrived with a broken pole, so he never used it. I found a replacement pole for about $20 bucks.

I intend to build out some drawers for the back, I am looking at a ICECO VL60D on sale for Prime Day. I also have a list of other items to purchase still.

I will continue to update this thread as I build it out.

First picture is the day I brought it home(Ram is not mine), the next 2 are the first day it was drivable.
Burb.jpg20211204_200132.jpg20211204_200013 small.jpg

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I am partial to the GMT 400 platform having had a two tone Cheyenne single cab short bed standard shift 4x4, and two 90's 2 door Blazers of this iteration.

Reactions: '52Chevy

'52Chevy

Rank I

Contributor III

Idaho, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Musil
Service Branch
Air Force
I am partial to the GMT 400 platform having had a two tone Cheyenne single cab short bed standard shift 4x4, and two 90's 2 door Blazers of this iteration.
I am eventually going to be looking for a single cab short bed as well to add to the collection. I really do love these trucks.