SRN

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Nielson
Have you been yearning for the outdoors? Longing to get into the overlanding scene but been told that the only way you can do it is with a Toyota? Have you been shopping for a Toyota but concluded that taking out a second mortgage to buy a 30-year-old Land Cruiser with 300,000 on the clock just might not be the wisest move? Well, then look no further!
The second generation Isuzu Trooper was designed as a direct competitor to the 80-Series Toyota Land Cruiser; and in many ways it is the superior of the two. With better interior dimensions, a peppy 3.2 L V6 instead of an antiquated I6, independent front suspension that just eats up bumpy dirt roads, and bullet proof AISIN components (yes, the same AISIN that makes parts FOR Toyota!). The Trooper is a tough as they come, even winning the 1994 Paris-Dakar Rally!
So for those with more discerning taste, and a desire to save some cash so you can go on adventures; this 1994 Isuzu Trooper is the perfect vehicle. Tastefully modified to include:

Completely rebuilt DOHC 3.2L Engine (~30,000 miles since rebuild)
Clutch replaced at time of engine rebuild
Old Man Emu 8929 Rear Springs (2" lift)
Front Torsion Bar's cranked to match the rear
Upper Ball Joint flip to correct camber from lift
Totally rebuilt front axle (Diff, CV's, Ball Joints, et. all)
TeraLow 3:1 Transfer Case gears
Rebuilt rear differential with factory Isuzu LSD
Custom dual exhaust
AISIN manual locking front hubs
Heavy duty tie rods
12-volt power run to the rear cargo area
Totally recharged and rebuilt AC system
Dual Scepter/Jerry Can holder
255/85 R16 BF Goodrich Mud Terrains (1/4 tread left)
Optima Blue Top

I love this Trooper. I've owned it for nine years and taken it on quite literally tens of thousands of miles of dirt roads and it has never failed me. Because it has been well loved, it is not pristine looking. It has rust around the windshield and the wheel wells. A crack in the windshield. The rocker panels have been tagged on more than one occasion and there is plenty of Rock Mountain pin striping. But it gets you where it needs to go and more importantly, gets you back. The only real issue with the vehicle is that it has developed a tick. This is due to the cam chain tensioner on the left cylinder bank not fully pressurizing. This does cause a bit of hesitance when the vehicle is cold, but once it warms up it's fine (aside from the tick).

So why am I selling this much loved Trooper? In a nutshell; it's time to move on. My family has grown and while the Trooper has been stellar for me individually, the family needs something a little more plush and modern on these back country adventures of ours.

Asking $2,000 OBO. This includes a box of spare parts.

Located in Salt Lake City, UT. PM if you are interested!

Cash only, no trades except for cash.