Skyline Drive Overnighter - 07/20/2018

• HTML tutorial

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

Come join us for the Skyline Drive overnighter. We will meet at the Chevron in Spanish Fork at the mouth of the canyon. Drive up to the trailhead of one of the best drives in Utah. Maybe a quarter of the way in, depending on speed and distance covered, we will stop and set up camp and enjoy the company of fellow overlanders.

If you are not able to make stay over night, there are multiple routes that drop down into nearby town to get you home.

The start time is flexible, but it would be nice to set up camp before dusk.

Bring your own food and supplies as if you're alone. We will have each other so don't go buying something just for this ride.

Call or text (best) me for any more information. I will update this as necessary.

View Rally Point

ob4838

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah
Member #

This should be fun, i will not be able to do the overnight but might be able to rally up in the morning and catch the group as we finish the route out. Are we hoping to do the same route as last time?

RJS18

Rank I

Contributor III

Las Vegas, NV.
Member #

Thanks for the invite, but I will not be able to make this one. That Saturday is my one Saturday a month I have to work. Next time. Have fun.

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I can probably make this, on the east coast now, but should be home in time. What is the actual place and time to meet?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Dana L

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mesquite, NV
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Lakeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7AMR
In the process of getting my 4Runner lifted and street tires replaced.

Advocate III

Ogden, Utah
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Are you heading north through Diamond Fork or Soldier Summit, South through Thistle, or somewhere completely different?

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

This should be fun, i will not be able to do the overnight but might be able to rally up in the morning and catch the group as we finish the route out. Are we hoping to do the same route as last time?
Yup that’s the plan. Not sure if we’ll camp in the same spot though.

Sent from my iPhone

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
I will see if I can get the time off.

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Come join us for the Skyline Drive overnighter. We will meet at the Chevron in Spanish Fork at the mouth of the canyon. Drive up to the trailhead of one of the best drives in Utah. Maybe a quarter of the way in, depending on speed and distance covered, we will stop and set up camp and enjoy the company of fellow overlanders.

If you are not able to make stay over night, there are multiple routes that drop down into nearby town to get you home.

The start time is flexible, but it would be nice to set up camp before dusk.

Bring your own food and supplies as if you're alone. We will have each other so don't go buying something just for this ride.

Call or text (best) me for any more information. I will update this as necessary.
Hey bud, interested in trip,but I’m not familiar with that area, coming up from Hurricane. Could you give me a little more input on place and time..

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

Hey bud, interested in trip,but I’m not familiar with that area, coming up from Hurricane. Could you give me a little more input on place and time..

We will be meeting at the Chevron station on HWY 6 just at the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon. We will then head east on the 6 and turn onto Skyline Drive. We’ll drive up the trail till we get to a nice, available spot to set up camp. We had a pretty good spot last year, not sure if we could find it again. I’ll have an OB Base Camp flag up so look out for that if you happen to come up behind us.

Sent from my iPhone

Denver6161

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Denver
Member #

I appreciate the invite but won't be able to make the trip. Looks like a great area though.

Contributor III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Roger and Rebecca
Last Name
Schmitt
Member #

Wish We could, but I'll just be returning from business in Denver that very day. Hope to catch the next one! Thanks you for the invite. Have a blast!

MarlinJames

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Yuma, AZ, USA
First Name
Marlin
Last Name
Lawrenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K17WRA
Thanks Russell for planing this. I'm in. I've got a long drive back on Sat., so I just might have to find a spot to camp Sat night.

Reactions: Russell Peters

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Crap! I saw "Skyline Drive" and thought this thread was something for the Skyline Drive here in VA

MikeG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Springville, Utah
Member #

Has a meeting time been decided? I get off work around 7 and will Probably have to meet you guys up there. Or else I could come up Saturday morning if people are planning on hanging around.

Reactions: Russell Peters