Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
First Name
Jerome
Last Name
Pollos
Member #

Dang it! I wish my schedule would've lightened up this week. Hopefully I can make it on the next one.

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Do you have a favorite destination up here that we need to put on the short list?
So if it's just a short trip with some friends we always hit up fernan saddle and went down to the horsehaven airfield to camp out. But there are passages you can start out in fernan village go to the top of the saddle and end out in wolf lodge. Or you can even head out to hayden lake if I'm not mistaken. The saddle is the junction for most of that. Nice easy dirt roads with plenty of places to shoot off too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

Paul Daniels

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Spokane Washington
Member #

Was up there Saturday, north from fernan saddle was no good, snow, headed south through treasure saddle then back north. Still couldn't go all the way through, lots of snow still. Probably gone after the warm up over the last couple of days. Did love it tho, good time, did not camp.

Sent from my SM-N920T using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Rubyredfozzy

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Good info. Thank you. I've been by the ranger station in the past. Pretty helpful. My mother lives in wolf lodge and i lived up above blue creek most of my life before the Army. I love north idaho. I want to try to explore kootani area more on the other side of the lake. I heard there is a place called the hidden lakes. I doubt its accessible by vehicle though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app