Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
100%, absolutely, STAY AWAY from Calmini.

Shipping sucks, but these guys build quality parts, and you are going to get them:

I wouldn't worry about a lift, unless you plan on going rock crawling, and even then, you're not going to get too much. You can lift the suspension about 1.5 inches, and then do a 2 in body lift, and stuff 33's under there, but that's pretty much as far as you can take it, unless you SAS.

Reactions: Sam30931_xterra

Sam30931_xterra

Rank V

Traveler III

Yakima, Yakima County, Washington, United States
First Name
Sam
Last Name
McCormick
Member #

100%, absolutely, STAY AWAY from Calmini.

Shipping sucks, but these guys build quality parts, and you are going to get them:

I wouldn't worry about a lift, unless you plan on going rock crawling, and even then, you're not going to get too much. You can lift the suspension about 1.5 inches, and then do a 2 in body lift, and stuff 33's under there, but that's pretty much as far as you can take it, unless you SAS.
Yea I don't want much and I'm fine sticking with 31s I just want a little extra clearance

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Yea I don't want much and I'm fine sticking with 31s I just want a little extra clearance
Just do a PML (poor mans lift), and add some shackles to the rear. I've been running that for a few years, and have been exceptionally happy with it. The only reason I'm upgrading my leaf springs is due to the trailer and rooftop tent I've not got up top.

Sam30931_xterra

Rank V

Traveler III

First Name
Sam
Last Name
McCormick
Member #

Just do a PML (poor mans lift), and add some shackles to the rear. I've been running that for a few years, and have been exceptionally happy with it. The only reason I'm upgrading my leaf springs is due to the trailer and rooftop tent I've not got up top.
Yea I've been looking into doing shackles in the rear and upgraded torsion bars

Sam30931_xterra

Rank V

Traveler III

First Name
Sam
Last Name
McCormick
Member #

Yea I've been looking into doing shackles in the rear and upgraded torsion bars
Unless you're adding a steel bumper, the stock torsion bars are more than adequate.

You may need to pull and reindex the oem bars though.
I already have an ARB bumper on it and had to turn the bars up a bit for that

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
In that case, I probably would upgrade the torsion bars.

I haven't decided to put a steel bumper on mine yet. I'm thinking of having a winch plate made that sits inside the oem bumper.

Sam30931_xterra

Rank V

Traveler III

First Name
Sam
Last Name
McCormick
Member #

In that case, I probably would upgrade the torsion bars.

I haven't decided to put a steel bumper on mine yet. I'm thinking of having a winch plate made that sits inside the oem bumper.
That's what I was gonna do but I bought a donor xterra that had the bumper on it so I got it for a steal only paid 600 for the car

Sam30931_xterra

Rank V

Traveler III

First Name
Sam
Last Name
McCormick
Member #

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
Kinda late to the show here, but check cross compatibility with the Frontiers; I believe that a lot of the front end components were shared between Frontier and XTerra in the XTerra's first generation.

Nissan forums will be helpful.

I'm running a Ranger lift kit on my Explorer that no company advertises compatibility for. Occasionally a company won't know that a lift which it designed for one vehicle will also fit another, but the forums will always know. Always get two opinions on these things.

Sam30931_xterra

Rank V

Traveler III

First Name
Sam
Last Name
McCormick
Member #

Kinda late to the show here, but check cross compatibility with the Frontiers; I believe that a lot of the front end components were shared between Frontier and XTerra in the XTerra's first generation.

I'm running a Ranger lift kit on my Explorer that no company advertises compatibility for. Occasionally a company won't know that a lift which it designed for one vehicle will also fit another, but the forums will always know. Always get two opinions on these things.
Yea I'm sure frontier parts will fit xterra of the same year they are built on the same platform

Reactions: DintDobbs

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941

This holds true for the 05-15 models as well. Everything from the front seats forward is interchangeable between the Xterra and Frontier.