OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

• HTML tutorial
JCWages
JCWages
Most definitely! You will need either wheel spacers or new wheels to get the tires away from the frame. Then you will need to trim the front and rear of the fender wells quite a bit. It's not hard work but there is some trial and error involved.
JCWages
JCWages
A 275/70/17 (32.4") is less work and looks about the same but you'll still need spacers and do some trimming. If you want to stay with OE wheels and not trim anything then a nice aggressive 255/75/17 (32.1") tire is a great option!
Danavision
Danavision
Thanks for the info.
Danavision
Danavision
Jc, I just got the 255/75/17 tires. They look great and only a little rub on extreme backing up. I'll address that later. How did you deal with speedometer calibration? I can't get a Hypertech programmer in california, so I was wondering if you calibrated your speedometer or not? Thank, Dan
JCWages
JCWages
Hi Dan,

I didn't bother calibrating. I just used my GPS to figure out the speed difference and rolled with that or hooked up my old Scangauge II and programed it to read the correct speed. I didn't have any diveability issues until I went up to the 285/70/17s. At that point I got lucky and found someone selling a used Hypertech module. You should be off by about 4mph at 70mph give or take.
JCWages
JCWages
Danavision
Danavision
I did the GPS deal driving to Overland Expo West this past weekend and figured about 4.2 mph difference. I didn't know if you fixed it or just did the math. It's not that big of a deal but I have a little time so I was just wondering. Thanks for all of your help. Dan