OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

• HTML tutorial
El-Dracho
El-Dracho
Welcome to Overland Bound. The area is amazing, such a beautiful place on earth. There are several tracks which are quite easy to find. The more southerly way is more challenging (parts of a leg of the Dakar in the old times) but absolutely amazing. Good to go with a D2 and driving experience. If it is too much there is a possibility to reach tarmac about in the middle of the distance between both cities. Be aware: depending on the weather, the dry saltlake can be a risky place to navigate.
El-Dracho
El-Dracho
Depending on experience, rig and circumstances it is indeed a good idea to go with 2 or more rigs. Check campsites in Merzouga, if there are some overlanders going the same way. If you need more infos or help, shoot me message, always happy to help.
El-Dracho
El-Dracho
By the way, there are good service options for the rig in Zagora. You've probably already heard that. One garage I can recommend is the one of Jaboud (Jaboud Challenge). If you need contact details, please get in touch. You will find it also on the OB Map here, added the POI some time ago.

Mmhh, so much info here, maybe it makes sense to open a forum thread for it? Then you could also introduce yourselves here and maybe tell us something about your trip?
Timanfaya
Timanfaya
Thank you so much for all the information @El-Dracho!
We've checked a few campsites but a lot of motorbikes but not overland, neither on the road.
Timanfaya
Timanfaya
The first day we opted for the loop around Erg Chebbi to warm up for the sand :) Since didn't find any other rigs we found a guide, he asked 220 euros for the whole day to come with us (with his own 4x4) till the evening and then he would have come back and left a map and details for us for the next day. At the end we couldn't manage the crossing because of a sand storm.
Timanfaya
Timanfaya
Now we're heading to Erg Chegaga, what about the crossing to Foum-Zguid? Someone has already done it? Difficult?
Timanfaya
Timanfaya
P.S. I'd like to open a forum about these topics but I'm new on this app and I'm not really sure how it works. Thanks
El-Dracho
El-Dracho
Great. You just go to the home screen of the app (house symbol), then click on "forums" at the top left, then on "by category" at the top right and then select the subforum where you want to post, e.g. OB by region, then Africa and then Africa Q&A, etc.