New profile posts

• HTML tutorial
He has sporadically responded to my messages with a litany of excuses and lukewarm apologies, but the line of communication has now been cold for quite a while.

Learn from my mistake: even if you believe that people are essentially good (a contentious opinion, I know), leave room for gross incompetence and don't send internet payments without some form of protection.
The few communications I've gotten from Travis indicate that he was just unable to get the package together and then was so embarrassed and avoidant that he just ignored the problem entirely. I found a handful of other people who had similar experiences with this guy, and while some of them did eventually receive their goods the packaging was so poorly assembled that it was a miracle that the article survived the shipment.
When making deals over the internet, I've always been concerned with the stereotypically villainous sort of person who willfully takes your money as a brazen act of theft. As it turns out, you should actually be more concerned about the type of person who doesn't set out to steal, but is just so magnificently incompetent that they are unable to follow through on their own intentions.
For any future internet sleuths looking into this dude, his name is Travis Doerr of Ormond Beach (or Palm Coast) FL. Unless he has dumped that email address, he communicates as travisrising@gmail.com. I have his home address, but posting that would feel like doxxing and over the line, so I won't do that.
This guy took my money on ADVrider.com and didn't send the part. I never did end up getting my stuff, or a refund. I sent my money as a non-merchandise payment, so I'm out of luck there. The ADVrider mods banned this guy for ripping me off and a few others.
Evening - Planning to be at the Boise meet point 7am. Red full size pickup. Palomino camper on it.
GHCOE
GHCOE
Sorry for the delay. I worked and then came home to a hot water heater issue. Just now got a chance to catch up on things. Yes 7:00 am at the On The Run Truck Stop. I will be in a white 1991 2 door Cherokee with a white trailer. Glad you can make it. Should be fun! George.
7292 Opportunity Road, Suite C, San Diego, CA 92111

Join us the 1st Saturday of EVERY MONTH for our monthly "Hard Park Meet" at Ataraxia Aleworks to take a load off from all trail riding and enjoy the company of your trail buddies in a chill environment with rotating Food Truck options.
Hi there! I ended up with your old Dodge! Found you by the old overlander member that is mounted on the truck. Figured I'd pop in and say . Let me know if you have any old parts from it you want to sell off. I'm out in clackamas. I'm just starting off in overlanding so any tips or advice is appreciated!
Head gasket blown! During trip, no overheating. Putting gas and decided not to run correctly had to tow back. So now no trips until get it running again
El-Dracho
El-Dracho
Good luck for a quick repair.
moz75
moz75
Thanks man. Took me a while to find a decent mechanic. I'm getting a good price.