Wheel spacers

• HTML tutorial

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

I know a lot of guys run wheel spaces what are some advantages and disadvantages of running them? I have aftermarket wheels with a different offset that I hate, and was thinking about getting oem wheels and adding 1.5 wheel spacers to get the same clearance.

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

Downsides: Illegal in some states, added stress on the hub assembly, lugs, and bearing.

Upside: Correct the wheel track if the front and rear are different (I'm looking at you, 70-series), eliminate rubbing with some suspension mods.

Consider: Wheel adapters. These are not the same as a simple spacer, do the same job and allow you to change the bolt pattern, and I don't think any state outlaws them.

Reactions: O.Dfj

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
I'm using Spydertrax 1.5 so I can keep my Rubicon wheels. I have no plans changing wheels anytime soon.

Reactions: O.Dfj

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

I know a lot of guys run wheel spaces what are some advantages and disadvantages of running them? I have aftermarket wheels with a different offset that I hate, and was thinking about getting oem wheels and adding 1.5 wheel spacers to get the same clearance.
x2 on Spidertrax. Best not to run spacers/adapters, but if you do, go with top quality.
What vehicle are you running them on? I have a set of 4 with Toyota pattern that only have about 15,000 miles on them I'd be will to part with. I also have a set of OEM 4Runner Trail Edition wheels for sale...

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

x2 on Spidertrax. Best not to run spacers/adapters, but if you do, go with top quality.
What vehicle are you running them on? I have a set of 4 with Toyota pattern that only have about 15,000 miles on them I'd be will to part with. I also have a set of OEM 4Runner Trail Edition wheels for sale...
I will be running them on my 2010 fj i have 18x9 xd monster wheels that came on it and I hate them, so im looking for a set of oem 16 inch wheels for it. Im in no hurry right now to change my wheels since i just put new tires on it a few months ago.