Franklin, Connecticut
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Novosad
Member #

Service Branch
EMS
All the trails I know of in the Pachaug area are easy. Lee Rd has some rocky mudholes but nothing you couldn't carefully drive a sedan through. Really scenic area though. I'd be down for a meetup out there.
Hey, do you have some ideas of where the trails are, besides Lee Rd? Ive driven a pretty big portion with my old truck and my Subaru but the state likes to close some of them. Im hoping the Rd with the old farmhouse is open. Thats always a fun exploration. Any other good ideas where to start?

Reactions: Flamewave

Flamewave

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakdale, CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Matusiak
Member #

Im hoping the Rd with the old farmhouse is open.
That's Lee Rd, actually. I think most of the roads show up on Google maps, my Garmin is missing some since I haven't updated it in a while. I'm not sure if any of the roads are closed right now, been a couple years since I've had time to get out there, not to mention the Jeep's still in a half-finished state from my deer hit last year. But all of the normally gated roads they close for the winter should be open by now.

There's a couple nice picnic spots down Trail 1 though.

OverlandEasternCT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, Connecticut
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Novosad
Member #

Service Branch
EMS
Im hoping the Rd with the old farmhouse is open.
That's Lee Rd, actually. I think most of the roads show up on Google maps, my Garmin is missing some since I haven't updated it in a while. I'm not sure if any of the roads are closed right now, been a couple years since I've had time to get out there, not to mention the Jeep's still in a half-finished state from my deer hit last year. But all of the normally gated roads they close for the winter should be open by now.

There's a couple nice picnic spots down Trail 1 though.
Actually made my way out and planned a route. Most of it is open. The good offroad trails accessed from the Griswold side i believe are still closed. State closed them a few years ago, but the roads are nice at least.

OverlandEasternCT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, Connecticut
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Novosad
Member #

Service Branch
EMS
Will someone remind me when the date gets closer?
The trails in Pachaug are for motorcycles. Some of them are excellent.
Its coming up Sunday! I have a route planned around the fire roads, nothing on the enduro trails planned but 1 other trail further down 165 with some mud

OverlandEasternCT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, Connecticut
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Novosad
Member #

Service Branch
EMS
I'm gonna try to be there if I can. Thank you for setting this up...I'm not sure if I'm away that weekend...but if not..I'll be there. I've camped there before and usually drive those forest roads...nice scenery. Not hard trails...but good to just drive thru the forest and enjoy.
Awesome! Hope to see you this weekend!

OverlandEasternCT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, Connecticut
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Novosad
Member #

Service Branch
EMS
Sorry to those we missed. @Flamewave and @Exodos_Overland and I all had a nice scenic drive. And getting together! I think we have a good little group starting here in New England! There will be more trips planned! Hope to meet more people along the way!

Attachments