Investor

Contributor III

Anna, TX, USA
First Name
Attilla
Last Name
DerHund
Member #

Tennessee is the "middle" point for my family to meet. We all have off-road rigs (Tacoma's & Land Cruisers).
We have begun our search for some remote camp spots we can drive to. As this is a multi family event with ages from 3-50.
So far finding an area where we can drive and then set up camp for a week hasn't been easy. I'm either finding driving trails only or hiking trails to a camp spot.
We would rather not be camping next to others, just our own spot where the kids won't bother anyone and we can run a generator if need be. We will doing this in September.
I'm probably going about this all wrong. But I'm trying to plan it out since it will be a multi person coordination.
Thanks

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

What part of TN? Cherokee NF on the east side has, in my opinion, some nice remote campsites that would be good for a small group. Plus, they are mostly easy to get to, though some can be a challenge. More central, NW of Knoxville, is N Cumberland WMA and Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area. Those have a few campgrounds, I think, plus some dispersed sites. Just need to do some research using apps like Dyrt or iOverlander to find remote locations, if that is what you are seeking.