Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Sweet!!! I had the Plano 1819s waiting for me at the front door. Now to get into the habit of organizing the boxes, and put what goes where off the check list that Michael posted up a while ago and tweak it some for a family of four here and there. Lol

NICE! like the different sizes you got.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I was wondering about something. these plano boxes are pretty stout for the price but there is always room for improvement. Any Idea if a can of spray on bedliner would aid in impact damage? I plan on carrying mine up top and think it may help in taking a few hits and help with uv breakdown.

Thoughts?

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

NICE! like the different sizes you got.

It's actually all the same sizes 1819, it's just the camera angle that I took the picture from. I'm 6'2" and didn't feel like bending down so I used my arm and it gave it an illusion. Lol

I was wondering about something. these plano boxes are pretty stout for the price but there is always room for improvement. Any Idea if a can of spray on bedliner would aid in impact damage? I plan on carrying mine up top and think it may help in taking a few hits and help with uv breakdown.

Thoughts?
I really don't know Stoney, by that is a good question. I could try a little spot on the bottom to see if will hold on to the plastic and keep you posted on the results.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

awesome, granted they dont cost much but if a few bucks makes last forever then thats a few bucks saved . obviously weight of a heavy bedliner along with odor if placed inside would be an issue. so something that would disperse some energy when impacted. lol there is always duct tape /playing banjo

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Lol!! I'll try something this weekend and see how it holds up. If it does I'll do one complete set up and tape off the clips and the hinge section and spray the baby up. Might even use flex seal. Lmao

Reactions: stoney126

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

hahaha I cant wait to see it. Im not expecting it to stop bullets lol

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Lol!! I'll try something this weekend and see how it holds up. If it does I'll do one complete set up and tape off the clips and the hinge section and spray the baby up. Might even use flex seal. Lmao
Have you ever used flexseal? I used it on a project and I wasn't too impressed. If you try it, give the duplicolor bedliner in the spray can a shot. I'm a fan.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Have you ever used flexseal? I used it on a project and I wasn't too impressed. If you try it, give the duplicolor bedliner in the spray can a shot. I'm a fan.
Actually I haven't, I do laugh though every time the commercial comes out and that guy sprays it on a screen door on the bottom of the boat and it floats. Lol. I was just looking that duplicolor up and reading on it looks like a contender for the experiment. Also good looking out on the duplicolor.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I use duplicolor bedliner as well to patch my oem truck liner when I gash it too badly. Tough stuff.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Well guys I was just looking at some videos and reading on some of the people who have tried it on plastic. Some say it won't hold up at all unless you spray it on inside and outside so that it incapsulates all the edges to make it one piece. They say if you tape of the edges and spray on the Berliner after a while it will begin to peel off cause of the edges not being sprayed and becoming one with the inside of the box. If you know what I'm trying to mention. But I'm still contemplating on doing it lol.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I've had them drive through heavy dust and rain and contents remained dry and clean. I wouldn't submerge them water though

Reactions: Rexor91