Noco GB 40 Battery Jumper

• HTML tutorial

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

After seeing Michael's video on YouTube last year, I bought the GB40 last week.
Now I do run a dual battery system undeer the hood, and a triple system when camping as I have an ArkPak with a big AGM battery in it to power and charge stuff.
I bought this mainly as a backup, and to jump others if they have a dead battery.

Used it the day after I got it last Saturday on a neighbors dead PT Cruiser.
Here battery was so flat no light came on the dash when the Noco was hooked up to it, and it would not turn over.
The Noco has an override feature to supply maximum juice so I hit that button, and her dash lit up like a Christmas tree, and her PT turned right over, very nice!

Bought mine from Amazon, and also bought a nice case to go with it.

Caseling Hard CASE for NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter

NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter

My unit and the case

Here is Michael's video if you have not seen it.

grumpy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Miami
Member #

Hi,
Thank you for the review. I read the features and it said
"Designed for gas engines up to 6 liters and diesel engines up to 3 liters for cars, boats, lawn mowers and more"
My question might sound stupid but does that means it won't work on a diesel 6.7?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Thanks, you are welcome.
I was really impressed how it worked with a flat battery in her PT Cruiser.

They have bigger units, I picked the one that would work with most Toyotas.
The one Michael had was the GB70 which is bigger.
If you go my link they should list bigger ones that will work for your size engine.

Reactions: grumpy

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Yea there are bigger sizes for bigger engine blocks.. 6.7 liters is pushing it with the GB40 I think. I've looked into them a lot to, might pick one up in due time. a Gb40 would be exactly enough as my vehicle is bound to have a 3 liter diesel.

I got a set of normal jump wires as well, though I got no clue anymore as to how big an engine you can use those till you fry them. But a 3.0 liter isn't that huge.

Reactions: grumpy

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

I just got one for Christmas. And I hope I don't ever have to use it but will be very happy I have it when out in the backwoods. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RealMcCoy

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rhode Island
Member #

I have a Micro-start XP-10. Bought it on Amazon. It was the biggest I could find with the best reviews at the time. Claims it will start a 7.3 litter diesel. I had it for a year. I haven't had a chance to test it yet ( I guess that's a good thing). But I can tell you it charges a iPhone really well. :-)

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
I don't know what model my dad has from Costco, but he was able to start his V10 motor home with it. I think it's a Winplus.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Resurrecting an old thread. We've put this thing through the paces.

I've been using the GB40 for 5 months now and it's never failed me. I've jumped close to 2 dozen rigs without a hiccup, mostly full size trucks in below freezing temps. Yesterday, we revived our old feed/hay hauling rig (96 Chevy 3/4 ton) with it and the truck fired right up from stone cold dead (sat in a field for almost a year). Where we live, jumper cables are a false sense of security, as you'd be waiting a LONG time for another vehicle and there's no cell service and very spotty HAM reception in the mountain shadows. We've been able to get 5- 6.2L gasoline engine starts off before charging, deliberately keeping from recharging one of the NOCO's to see.

But where NOCO has really paid off is hooking up to our backup/charging propane genny. We're on solar and after several frigid days the starting battery of the genny just didn't want to kick over. The pull cord is a PITA for me and I hate asking my boyfriend to help. Hooking up the NOCO made starting a breeze in sub-zero weather and is cheaper than a battery warmer with no extra draw off the battery bank.

I just bought 4 more to outfit the rigs.

Reactions: Graeman

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Blitz, glad you are liking your Noco.
I have jumped two more vehicles with mine since my first post, and both were at work over the past few months.

Both persons were impressed with how such a small device could do it, ad they both were going to buy one.