First Name
Josh
Last Name
Carrion
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMR652
Hey guys,

If you don't already know, I'm apart of a offroad Subaru group known as Mountain Roo. With Chapters (now) world-wide, we've been sharing the joys of what the Subaru platform can do. Our Sacramento Chapter is holding a trail run on Sunday, January 14th.

The trail itself is very easy for any overland rigs, however this is a great trail for those new to the hobby to see what they're vehicles are able to do in a relatively safe environment and with a large group. There are plenty of off-shoot areas for people to get crazy on, but the main road is in very good condition.

All are welcome for this event!

Event details -
Meet up Date & Time: January 14th at 12noon
Meet up Location: Chevron/ Extra Mile Folsom 1890 Prairie City Rd, Folsom, California 95630
Trail location: Latrobe Rd, Rancho Murieta, CA 95683

Looking forward to hopefully seeing some of ya out there!

Jethro

Rank 0

Contributor II

Are you running the unpaved road portion? Rally style?

I've always thought that road would be an awesome rally stage especially with the water crossings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebeardedboomer

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Fairwood Boulevard Northeast, Tacoma, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Carrion
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMR652
@UniD Because I don't know if Andrew posted it up or not. He's the one organizing the event. I'd figure I'd post up the event here to see who else might be interested, regardless of rig.

@Jethro I thought so too, but the water crossings are a bit iffy if the water is high. Might kill a car or two, but during the late spring to late fall? Oh yea. Too bad we can't get a rally to be legally done without it costing a freakishly huge arm and leg.

Reactions: Jethro

Jethro

Rank 0

Contributor II

@UniD Because I don't know if Andrew posted it up or not. He's the one organizing the event. I'd figure I'd post up the event here to see who else might be interested, regardless of rig.

@Jethro I thought so too, but the water crossings are a bit iffy if the water is high. Might kill a car or two, but during the late spring to late fall? Oh yea. Too bad we can't get a rally to be legally done without it costing a freakishly huge arm and leg.

Jethro

Rank 0

Contributor II

Argentina has some that are good too...but yeah, that road last Rainey season was epic!

Right now it's probably dry or mud.

You guys should have a great time!

Have you been out Spencerville wild life refugee near Beal? There's some fun roads out there to plus a great hike to an epic waterfall!

thebeardedboomer

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Fairwood Boulevard Northeast, Tacoma, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Carrion
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMR652
@Jethro I think the two crossings can be deeper than that, given enough rain fall.

And that would be a negative on Spencerville. Mtnroo has done a few events around the Dredger Ponds/Goldfields area and have had a blast there (I'm considering a overnight camping trip there in February, though nothing set yet.
I'll have to do a recon trip through Spencervile, as I've never been in the area. If the roads are open, I'm down for some fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jethro