Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jackson Michigan
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Heise
Member #

I got my Rubicon 10th Anniversary last October. I installed an AEV 3 1/2" lift, Maximus rear tire carrier, front hoop, flash light mount, and winch mount, Pro Comp wheels and 35" BFG all terrain t/a's, Springtail M-Pac rear fold down tray, Carolina Metal Masters grab handles, Yakima roof rack, Curtis roof basket and a smitybilt winch with a Factor 55 pro link. Love driving the jeep and get lots of compliments around town. We drove it to Cocoa Beach Fl a couple weeks ago. That is where this picture was taken. Did some wheeling in West Branch Mi this past winter and it did very well on all the trails. My last jeep was a 95 YJ wrangler Sahara. This one I will be hanging on to for a long time.

Hank

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

uploadfromtaptalk1458874997210.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458875012771.jpg

Had a yj once... terrible experience lol

Jeep wranglers are too small/light duty for me, 16 ft flat bottom and 50 hp evinrude with the camping gear and fishing gear in it... poor jeep couldn't take it.

Had a v8 ZJ on 6 inches long armed... was not bad at all. The better jeep I've owned.

Loved driving them lots of fun. Much happier now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army

I got my Rubicon 10th Anniversary last October. I installed an AEV 3 1/2" lift, Maximus rear tire carrier, front hoop, flash light mount, and winch mount, Pro Comp wheels and 35" BFG all terrain t/a's, Springtail M-Pac rear fold down tray, Carolina Metal Masters grab handles, Yakima roof rack, Curtis roof basket and a smitybilt winch with a Factor 55 pro link. Love driving the jeep and get lots of compliments around town. We drove it to Cocoa Beach Fl a couple weeks ago. That is where this picture was taken. Did some wheeling in West Branch Mi this past winter and it did very well on all the trails. My last jeep was a 95 YJ wrangler Sahara. This one I will be hanging on to for a long time.

Hank
Almost every Summer my wife and I are tooling around Michigan in my Wrangler. Usually head to Traverse City, then to the U.P. I've been wanting to get up there in the Winter one of these years and spend some time photographing the lighthouses along the coast. Trying to convince the wife we should move there because the Wrangler feels right at home. lol

Reactions: PapaPaul

Hank_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jackson Michigan
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Heise
Member #

I love living in Michigan. We usually head to Silver Lake to cruise the sand dunes in the summer. We are going to head to Drummond Island this summer for a week of fishing and off roading. The lighthouses are beautiful. My wife is a lighthouse keeper. Her and her mother stay at the Ludington lighthouse at the end of the year and pack it down for the winter.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I love living in Michigan. We usually head to Silver Lake to cruise the sand dunes in the summer. We are going to head to Drummond Island this summer for a week of fishing and off roading. The lighthouses are beautiful. My wife is a lighthouse keeper. Her and her mother stay at the Ludington lighthouse at the end of the year and pack it down for the winter.
Drummond Island is on my bucket list. I went to high school in Traverse City way back when, and just really enjoy the area. We usually stay in Germfask when up in the U.P. at a cabin along the Manistique. Crisp Point light house is one of my favorites to visit. Such an incredible area. That would be such a cool job to be a lighthouse keeper. Like back in the day when them manned them 24/7. If we make it up this summer, I might have to bug you for some info on where the really cool lighthouses are along the coast.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Let me know and I will give you what information I have. I hope your able to make it.

Hank
I'm hoping to. My wife want's to do something different this year. But I'm hoping to make a trek up there sometime after the cherry festival in TC. Much appreciated.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
image.jpeg After being a lifelong Toyota guy ( my dd is still a '12 4 rnr ) I finally drank the Jeep Kool Aid. I picked this up 11/15. It's a 2015 Rubicon with f&r LOD bumpers, Smittybuilt winch, Rubicon Express 3.5 lift with BFG Muds on stock wheels, FrontRunner 1/2 rack and list goes on...

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
View attachment 2913 After being a lifelong Toyota guy ( my dd is still a '12 4 rnr ) I finally drank the Jeep Kool Aid. I picked this up 11/15. It's a 2015 Rubicon with f&r LOD bumpers, Smittybuilt winch, Rubicon Express 3.5 lift with BFG Muds on stock wheels, FrontRunner 1/2 rack and list goes on...
Great looking JKUR. I like how the winch sits low in the bumper. Doesn't restrict air flow and gives it a clean look.

Reactions: PapaPaul and Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Great looking JKUR. I like how the winch sits low in the bumper. Doesn't restrict air flow and gives it a clean look.
Thanks. I'm real happy with the LOD bumper. I did the usual research until my eyes were blurry!!!

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

View attachment 2929 My XJ, my first ever Jeep! I don't think I'm ever going back. Going to love exploring the mountains of Alabama.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I don't know why but I always imagined alabama as flat. Yes my ignorance is astounding. I'm totally curious of the scenery....pics! We need pics!