US Northwest Eastern Washington/Northern Idaho May Trip, exploring North Centeral Washington

• HTML tutorial

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
I am trying to get the direct message to those who RSVP'd out, but keep getting an error when trying to go to the rally point... so until I can do that, we'll use this thread.

I think I had @Bodge Garage, @Buzzbee17, @G.Goodwin, and @Crackerjack... as the only RSVP's. @AcJ not sure if you were going or not
Are all good for meeting Friday at the gas station west of Airway Hights (10506 W Aero Rd, Spokane, WA 99224) at 12, and being fueled up and rolling by 1230? We can meet/roll earlier if folks can, I'm off all day, it'll take about 2.5 hrs to get to the Douglas Creek Falls trail, where @G.Goodwin will meet us. Garrett I know you have something going on, so what's the earliest you could meet us IF folks want to get a headstart?

Also, reminder to download the route, and offline maps. if you can't download the routes, pm me and I can e-mail them

Reactions: Buzzbee17

Buzzbee17

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Sandpoint, Bonner County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Erin
Last Name
Busby
Member #

I am trying to get the direct message to those who RSVP'd out, but keep getting an error when trying to go to the rally point... so until I can do that, we'll use this thread.

I think I had @Bodge Garage, @Buzzbee17, @G.Goodwin, and @Crackerjack... as the only RSVP's. @AcJ not sure if you were going or not
Are all good for meeting Friday at the gas station west of Airway Hights (10506 W Aero Rd, Spokane, WA 99224) at 12, and being fueled up and rolling by 1230? We can meet/roll earlier if folks can, I'm off all day, it'll take about 2.5 hrs to get to the Douglas Creek Falls trail, where @G.Goodwin will meet us. Garrett I know you have something going on, so what's the earliest you could meet us IF folks want to get a headstart?

Also, reminder to download the route, and offline maps. if you can't download the routes, pm me and I can e-mail them
Earliest I can leave home is 10:00. That, hopefully, should take about 1.5 hours to get to the meet up point, baring any issues along the way.

Bodge Garage

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Millwood WA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Sss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YI
Service Branch
Firefighter/EMT
I am checking with my wife. It was a bit of a push for her to get out by noon so if we need to add another 30 min to get to Medical Lake it might be tight. If need be we can trail behind its OK, I am sporting a 50 watt radio now so coms shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: Buzzbee17 and Ebbs

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
I am checking with my wife. It was a bit of a push for her to get out by noon so if we need to add another 30 min to get to Medical Lake it might be tight. If need be we can trail behind its OK, I am sporting a 50 watt radio now so coms shouldn't be a problem.
We'll definitely wait if you think it'll be before 1-130. I don't want to rush anyone, but we do have some miles to cover, so just didn't want to be rolling out too late which would put us in camp late. But we're a smaller group and sun won't set till like 830 so shouldn't have any issues with light.

Reactions: Bodge Garage

Bodge Garage

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Millwood WA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Sss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YI
Service Branch
Firefighter/EMT
We'll definitely wait if you think it'll be before 1-130. I don't want to rush anyone, but we do have some miles to cover, so just didn't want to be rolling out too late which would put us in camp late. But we're a smaller group and sun won't set till like 830 so shouldn't have any issues with light.
I confirmed Lori is off at 11AM so we can make it no problem by 12 for a 1230 departure. Thanks for your willingness to be flexible. I never want to hold up the group.

Reactions: Ebbs and Buzzbee17

Crackerjack

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Wenatchee, WA,
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BBK
Service Branch
ARNG ‘87-‘98
Howdy fellers. To clarify, if I am able to get away, I will only be able to do the portion from Palisades/Douglas Creek junction to Highway 97 at the Beebe bridge. Mom is feeling fine so far this week but her daytime caregiver is out for a day or two with illness. I should absolutely know by Thursday evening if I am able to make that part of the trip.

I am planning on waiting at the Palisades Rd/Douglas Creek junction unless for some reason you would prefer that I come farther East such as Ephrata. :blush:

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Howdy fellers. To clarify, if I am able to get away, I will only be able to do the portion from Palisades/Douglas Creek junction to Highway 97 at the Beebe bridge. Mom is feeling fine so far this week but her daytime caregiver is out for a day or two with illness. I should absolutely know by Thursday evening if I am able to make that part of the trip.

I am planning on waiting at the Palisades Rd/Douglas Creek junction unless for some reason you would prefer that I come farther East such as Ephrata. :blush:
That sounds just fine. we'll stop at that junction to Air Down. Garrett will be in Quincy so will just jump in the convoy at Ephrata (it's about equidistant going thought Trinidad and palisades)

Reactions: Crackerjack

Bodge Garage

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Millwood WA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Sss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YI
Service Branch
Firefighter/EMT
Thinking about what to pack, do I need to bring my chainsaw? I dont mind bringing it but I am always keen to leave any gear that is not essential.