US Northwest Eastern Washington/Northern Idaho May Trip, exploring North Centeral Washington

• HTML tutorial

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
I won't be able to make this trip. I am leaving that weekend for Yellowstone.
No worries! Hope you have a blast! See you on the next one

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
So far for those attending, how many think they'll be able to leave at noon Friday?

Mitch&TigaB

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Medical Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Burright
Member #

Service Branch
US Air Force
Sorry Tiga and I won't be able to make this one, we'll be in DC, work related. We get back real late Friday night.

Reactions: Ebbs

Crackerjack

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Wenatchee, WA,
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BBK
Service Branch
ARNG ‘87-‘98
Not likely I can do the whole weekend but may be able to do the Douglas Creek to Beebe Bridge section on Friday.

As an FYI I don't know if you have additional or more accurate information, but Chelan Hills Acres Rd, which terminates at Hwy 97, may be all private road. I was at that intersection today and there are signs there, which have been up for quite some time, stating that it is all private road and only property owners or guests are allowed through. I have heard from others that it is closed to the public and that the property owners are serious about protecting their space. Again, you may have information to the contrary.

An alternative route would be to go a bit further north and to come down McNeil Canyon Rd. It would be a few miles longer but intersects right at the Beebe Bridge river crossing.

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Not likely I can do the whole weekend but may be able to do the Douglas Creek to Beebe Bridge section on Friday.

As an FYI I don't know if you have additional or more accurate information, but Chelan Hills Acres Rd, which terminates at Hwy 97, may be all private road. I was at that intersection today and there are signs there, which have been up for quite some time, stating that it is all private road and only property owners or guests are allowed through. I have heard from others that it is closed to the public and that the property owners are serious about protecting their space. Again, you may have information to the contrary.

An alternative route would be to go a bit further north and to come down McNeil Canyon Rd. It would be a few miles longer but intersects right at the Beebe Bridge river crossing.
It's definitely not private road, that I've verified. The signs we saw when we were there in April were not official, just looked like land owners trying to keep the traffic down. I called the ranger station and though they didn't have jurisdiction(I was checking on a couple other areas), they said they understood it was still a public road, and not officially closed to any traffic. I meant to call the sheriff's office to verify, but we had no issues with the 4 of us rolling through, we kept it speed down and limited dust (ie being as respectful as possible to the residents) but it's still on all mvum's I've seen

Crackerjack

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Wenatchee, WA,
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BBK
Service Branch
ARNG ‘87-‘98

It's definitely not private road, that I've verified. The signs we saw when we were there in April were not official, just looked like land owners trying to keep the traffic down. I called the ranger station and though they didn't have jurisdiction(I was checking on a couple other areas), they said they understood it was still a public road, and not officially closed to any traffic. I meant to call the sheriff's office to verify, but we had no issues with the 4 of us rolling through, we kept it speed down and limited dust (ie being as respectful as possible to the residents) but it's still on all mvum's I've seen
That’s good to know. I’ve been wanting to meander around up in that area for some time.

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
So looking at the recent imagery on OnX, snow levels are really good, looking like it's about 4500 ft, meaning to get to the very top of funk mountain we will encounter snow but it looks like it's only the last hundred yards or so. I'm going to plan on a solid attempt to summit, but know it may be shovel/ winch fest. Again it's only about a hundred yards it looks like so I don't think it'll be too bad. Worst case scenario we get out and walk.
Where we got stopped before on the scout was at 4000 ft and we may encounter some snow but I seriously doubt it will be more than a temporary impediment.

That being said, the next update for OnX recent imagery will be either the day we leave or after lol, so make sure you have downloaded the offline maps, and pack warm. I won't have my trailer, so won't have much room for wood (unless I can get my roof rack finished) so if anyone wants to stop by my place I can provide wood or please buy a bundle or two each if possible)

Attachments

Buzzbee17

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Sandpoint, Bonner County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Erin
Last Name
Busby
Member #

So looking at the recent imagery on OnX, snow levels are really good, looking like it's about 4500 ft, meaning to get to the very top of funk mountain we will encounter snow but it looks like it's only the last hundred yards or so. I'm going to plan on a solid attempt to summit, but know it may be shovel/ winch fest. Again it's only about a hundred yards it looks like so I don't think it'll be too bad. Worst case scenario we get out and walk.
Where we got stopped before on the scout was at 4000 ft and we may encounter some snow but I seriously doubt it will be more than a temporary impediment.

That being said, the next update for OnX recent imagery will be either the day we leave or after lol, so make sure you have downloaded the offline maps, and pack warm. I won't have my trailer, so won't have much room for wood (unless I can get my roof rack finished) so if anyone wants to stop by my place I can provide wood or please buy a bundle or two each if possible)
We might be OK by then...70's and 80's in Omak for the next few weeks is what I just looked up. I can bring wood, probably equal to about 2 1/2 bundles and some kindling.

Bodge Garage

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Millwood WA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Sss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YI
Service Branch
Firefighter/EMT
NOAA snow level is not showing any snow. I checked this against a few other areas I have been lately and it's seems pretty current. Obviously nothing is certain.
1715016812609.png

Reactions: Buzzbee17 and Ebbs

Bodge Garage

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Millwood WA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Sss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YI
Service Branch
Firefighter/EMT

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Actually might be able to hit up Buck mountain fire lookout (6120'). Buck mountain pass might be worth a try as well(5400'down to conconully 2400') but expect we'll get stopped by snow on the pass due to north facing ridges and trees hiding snow. But the weather has really been in our favor

Reactions: Bodge Garage

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Have we figured out a Saturday pot luck theme?
I haven't, to be honest. Since Nat isn't coming, I was going to keep my meals super simple. (I can't cook for shit... Put it this way, I could burn water )
That being said, if we keep it relatively simple, I'm game. Any ideas?

Reactions: G.Goodwin

Buzzbee17

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Sandpoint, Bonner County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Erin
Last Name
Busby
Member #

I haven't, to be honest. Since Nat isn't coming, I was going to keep my meals super simple. (I can't cook for shit... Put it this way, I could burn water )
That being said, if we keep it relatively simple, I'm game. Any ideas?
I'm not a big fan of potlucks but if someone wants to head that up, I will gladly join in. I was just going to bring meals I had dehydrated for dinners.