Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

You're right; camping in the desert for too long can be risky. Deserts are harsh environments with limited resources. But being prepared is half the fun. We are still in the desert. Does anyone like desert camping over anything else?
Video

Reactions: Speric and chetmak

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I live in northern California next to the redwoods but I always love my time in the desert.

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
Some of our best experiences have been in deserts: clear starry skies, tranquillity, wildlife which hasn't yet learned to avoid humans, wide horizons without powerlines and windmills, no light or sound pollution.

As long as you plan appropriately (water, comms, navigation, etc.) desert travel is great.

Reactions: Tommys and NMNomad

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
The high deserts and the tundra are our preferred areas where we feel most at home. No people, no light pollution, no noise. No artificial barriers or distractions between yourself, if alone, or your loved and nature. Solitude is a great way to connect with what’s important in your life. However, be careful, as you may be pleasantly surprised to find out that you don’t care about material things that you previously held onto.

Reactions: Tommys

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

The high deserts and the tundra are our preferred areas where we feel most at home. No people, no light pollution, no noise. No artificial barriers or distractions between yourself, if alone, or your loved and nature. Solitude is a great way to connect with what’s important in your life. However, be careful, as you may be pleasantly surprised to find out that you don’t care about material things that you previously held onto.
Very nice!