Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Your Cinematography and editing skills are showing Mike. I just loved the drone video above you guys campsite....being airborne with a camera opens so many possibilities of perspectives....Keep up the great work! and say hi to Jon Snow.
Will do @NorthStar96 ! Thanks! The next thing is probably a steadycam for selfies and ground shots. The drone will make its way into our normal kit, and become a part of our shooting. Right now its about learning to use the thing!

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Will do @NorthStar96 ! Thanks! The next thing is probably a steadycam for selfies and ground shots. The drone will make its way into our normal kit, and become a part of our shooting. Right now its about learning to use the thing!
And chaining it to your truck when not flying it.

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

So my buddy Nick caught the bug on this trip. About an hour after we got home he was emailing me craigslist adds to find a truck. Happy to say he picked up a super clean 1st gen Pathfinder. He wasted no time getting it out on the trail. A week after picking her up he came out for our Knoxville trip and her maiden voyage with the OB crew was a great success! Hes lurking on here now but im sure he'll be a supporter soon enough.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
So my buddy Nick caught the bug on this trip. About an hour after we got home he was emailing me craigslist adds to find a truck. Happy to say he picked up a super clean 1st gen Pathfinder. He wasted no time getting it out on the trail. A week after picking her up he came out for our Knoxville trip and her maiden voyage with the OB crew was a great success! Hes lurking on here now but im sure he'll be a supporter soon enough.
Nothing warms my heart more! This is exactly why we do it! That is a mighty clean looking Pathfinder! I've always been a fan, and for some reason, have always thought those wheels are awesome! Welcome to the crew Nick!

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

Nothing warms my heart more! This is exactly why we do it! That is a mighty clean looking Pathfinder! I've always been a fan, and for some reason, have always thought those wheels are awesome! Welcome to the crew Nick!
hahaha im right there with you on those wheels! they fit the truck perfectly.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Saturday night talking mods already. Attacked that hill climb too sunday. Good stuff

707nick

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Member #

Thanks Michael! I have had a great time on both of the OB outings I have participated in, can't wait for the next one!

Influencer II

Sorry about the bump from the dead, but I'm planning on making a last minute trip to here this week and came across the OB video on youtube. Does anyone know what the coordinates are for the campsite you guys were at?

Thanks in advance!

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I don't know the coordinates but it's pretty hard to miss as it's right off Whitney portal road I believe

Influencer II

I don't know the coordinates but it's pretty hard to miss as it's right off Whitney portal road I believe
darn.. I know where movie road is, but where you guys camped looked SWEET! Wanted to go take photos there..

By the way, is there pretty good wheeling inside Alabama Hills? I went with my impreza, but stayed mostly on the main road. Now i'll be doing it in a 4th gen 4runner. :) I don't feel comfortable enough to go to cerro gordo yet, or reward mines.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
darn.. I know where movie road is, but where you guys camped looked SWEET! Wanted to go take photos there..

By the way, is there pretty good wheeling inside Alabama Hills? I went with my impreza, but stayed mostly on the main road. Now i'll be doing it in a 4th gen 4runner. :) I don't feel comfortable enough to go to cerro gordo yet, or reward mines.

It's right here.
AL_Hills_Spot.JPG

Definitely your rig will get you there. Cerro Gordo is not difficult if you go up Cerro Gordo road. Worth the trip.

Dan.

Reactions: stoney126