Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

No pictures because it's not that exciting. Installed an arb transit cover on my ARB fridge that I got for Christmas. I like it, but now all my stickers I had on the lid are covered :(

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Installed some goodies from the holidays on my jeep. Few from thanksgiving specials and some from Christmas. View attachment 13147 View attachment 13148 View attachment 13149 View attachment 13150

Cool looking latch pin. I bet this guy I seen on the side of the road in SLC UT would want one for his Jeep. I drove by seen him standing on his bumper with one leg and kicking the shit out of the massive dent in his hood from what looks like it wrapping around the top of his Jeep. I may have a video of it from my dash cam, Ill check, but it was one of those cringe worthy but due to the way the guy was carrying on, funny moments.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Cool looking latch pin. I bet this guy I seen on the side of the road in SLC UT would want one for his Jeep. I drove by seen him standing on his bumper with one leg and kicking the shit out of the massive dent in his hood from what looks like it wrapping around the top of his Jeep. I may have a video of it from my dash cam, Ill check, but it was one of those cringe worthy but due to the way the guy was carrying on, funny moments.

hahaha, I haven't had the hood flutter issues as bad as some but these are supposed to take care of all that. I was gonna be happy with some cheapy one ones but the Wife thought these looked cooler. I agree, I feel all race car now lol

Reactions: O.Dfj

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Had a marathon afternoon with my 08 Wrangler. Changed the motor oil, transfer case oil, front and rear diff oil, and flushed out the old brake fluid and put new in. Then I prepped my AEV snorkel for tomorrow morning. Hoping that cutting the hood goes well! I will probably have pictures and an update tomorrow. Can't wait to see what she looks like!!!

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Replaced the fuel filter, the broken windshield fluid reservoir and pumps, new blades, new sunvisor clips, I'll post pics when I get home.

While I have all of the experience and expertise here, I have a quick question.

So I replaced the filter (the old one was really bad) and the truck is running great, nice and responsive. However, when sitting in traffic in gear it started to nearly stall and sputter, so I held the rpms up till I got to work. When I got to work I let it run in gear and sputter and nearly stall, then after a second or two it picked the rpms back up and settled into a nice idle, but the "new" idle speed is quite low in comparison to the "old" speed. Should I be worried? I figured it was the computer figuring out what to do with the new found fuel flow

Sent from my Nexus 6P using OB Talk mobile app

Edit for clarification: the idle is still within the factory specs, but it's on the low side, in the past it was on the high side

Last edited:

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Replaced the fuel filter, the broken windshield fluid reservoir and pumps, new blades, new sunvisor clips, I'll post pics when I get home.

While I have all of the experience and expertise here, I have a quick question.

So I replaced the filter (the old one was really bad) and the truck is running great, nice and responsive. However, when sitting in traffic in gear it started to nearly stall and sputter, so I held the rpms up till I got to work. When I got to work I let it run in gear and sputter and nearly stall, then after a second or two it picked the rpms back up and settled into a nice idle, but the "new" idle speed is quite low in comparison to the "old" speed. Should I be worried? I figured it was the computer figuring out what to do with the new found fuel flow

Sent from my Nexus 6P using OB Talk mobile app
Check your stepper/idle air valve, prob needs cleaning or replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Today was the day of spontaneous tuneups

• New Fuel Filter
  • New windshield washer fluid tank and pumps (about $200.... Land rovers....)
  • New windshield wiper blades
  • Found the source of my power steering leak (loose hose clamp that was hidden under years of muck and oil and was just barely loose, and fixed it (knock on wood)
  • SeaFoam in the tank
  • Idle Air Control valve removed and thoroughly cleaned
  • Throttle Body cleaned
  • Cleaned the interior a bit to get rid of the grime and dust (My S.O.'s request)

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Is everyone OK?? I see you are, what happen?
Long story but the short of it, I turn left to try and not get hit by him square head on. He was in my lane but some how im at fault because they wouldnt take witness statements from the other 3 people because they were my family. Everyone was fine.

Sent from my LGMS631 using OB Talk mobile app