Rank VI

Steward I

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hi everyone- I have a 2010 Lexus GX460 and would like to get a winch, but not really wanting to go with a full metal bumper. What options do I have? I thought about a front hitch mount, but not sure if I would have to remove under protection to make one fit. Thoughts? What have you done with your early 460? Thanks!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi everyone- I have a 2010 Lexus GX460 and would like to get a winch, but not really wanting to go with a full metal bumper. What options do I have? I thought about a front hitch mount, but not sure if I would have to remove under protection to make one fit. Thoughts? What have you done with your early 460? Thanks!
Check out Coastal Off-road

jwright

Rank VI

Steward I

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I came across this thread which shows a CURT front receiver hitch mount for the GX470. Anyone know if this might work on a 2010 GX460?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I came across this thread which shows a CURT front receiver hitch mount for the GX470. Anyone know if this might work on a 2010 GX460?
No, the bumper mounts ar different between. 09 and 10

Reactions: jwright

jwright

Rank VI

Steward I

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wright
Member #

In case anyone is interested... I just did a short unboxing video of the new LFD Hybrid Front Bumper for the 2010-13 GX460. Well packaged and the bumper is of very high initial quality. I also weighed it - 90 lbs with all hardware (85 lbs without hardware).
Hope to install it next weekend. Cheers!

Last edited:

jwright

Rank VI

Steward I

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Just finished installing a Smittybilt X20 Gen2 10K Synthetic Line Winch on Pearl. It went really easy and smooth. Will be editing a new video next weekend to talk about why I went with the LFD Hybrid Bumper and the Smittybilt Winch for the 2010 GX460. If any one has any questions, let me know... Cheers!Winch installed 4_3_22.jpg