New profile posts

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
Good day all. Im Rob from PA, 48 years, and absolutey brand spanking new to the Overlanding movement.

Looking forward to learning all I can to get started. Wife has no interest, but Im taking this on solo.
Hey Mike ,
Bruce Striegel here.Just introducing myself.
Anything I need to know about the midwest region?
Mike W
Mike W
Hey Bruce. Good to meet ya. Midwest region just needs active members to build the community. We have some activity on the facebook group and I am always hoping folks will hang around the forums more and post about trips or just questions and banter really. Keep an eye out for various events in our region. Let me know if you have questions!. Best.
Maybe we can meet up over Thanksgiving or Christmas when I am home.
old_man
old_man
His son (Dennis) came back from the Army and took over the ranch. I remember all the neighbors got together and put up his hay that summer. There was some damned good hunting on Pole Mountain (their property). I
old_man
old_man
IRC, the Grizzly Ranch was the ranch just to the south of us. I wonder if the coal mine fires are still burning up there. That is why Coalmont was abandoned. There is a really thick coal seam that covers a ton of the southern part of North Park.

I never spent that much time up in the Raywahs.
old_man
old_man
This brings back some memories of over 50 years ago.

Used to love to go up to Big Creek Lakes and fish, then take the trail south and head up Frying Pan Basin and over the Divide to the old Slovenia Mine and then back over to Peggy Lake (above the timberline. We would then go down to Blue Lake to fish and back to Big Creek Lakes.
The last few days have seen me casually begun my studies for the HAM tech test. I should have done it years ago. Old test vs new 2019 version.

Super excited... last night was the first time out in 30 days.. walking on sand was so difficult and painful but yet satisfying.. Bonus great shots guys... thank you Hector, Juan, and Nick...for making this possible.
Hello Ronny. I am also in Havertown (Lynnewood), let me know if you ever want to meet to talk gear and camping. No pressure.
Ronny Woods
Ronny Woods
Hey, sorry I'm actually in Collingswood NJ. IDK why but my location is messed up.