Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Not looking to start a comparison of the two or which is better so just a question. I see the lugs on the corners to hold them in place when stacked are different on the two boxes-does anyone know if they will work with one another, i.e. will they stack on each other just fine despite the different lugs or is there a design difference enough to make them non-compatible with each other from that regard?

Thanks for any insight.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I've wondered the same thing, @Ragman, though have never been around any Alu-Boxes to see how they might stack with my K470 Zarges. I know my Zarges stack easily, though very nice and snug.

The Zarges K470 HD and the K440 Med Duty have different style top corners and one may stack better than the other with Alu-Box cases.

The K420 and K410 have no reinforced corners with nubs.

If you need, I'm happy to snap some images of the underside rim of my K470s, as well as measure.

I suspect the two brands mating well will come down to exterior case dims and how much allowance the bottom rim of one has for the different top nubs of the other.

Zarges K440 Med Duty on left, K470 Heavy Duty on right:

Zarges-K440.jpg .... zarges-K470.png

Hope someone who has both brands of a similar size chimes in.

cug

Rank II

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Guido
Last Name
GNE
Hope someone who has both brands of a similar size chimes in.
I don't have both brands, but the Zarges case lines stack as long as they are the proper size. The difference between the case lines is plastic vs. aluminum corners.

Djack06

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arlington, VA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Liles
Member #

I've used the Alu-boxes for a few years with no complaints. I was wondering if anyone has developed a clever internal organization hack without spending the big $$$ on the 'store bought' solutions?
Thx!

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I've used the Alu-boxes for a few years with no complaints. I was wondering if anyone has developed a clever internal organization hack without spending the big $$$ on the 'store bought' solutions?
Thx!
On the road with the dualsport bike I always had small nylon fabric bags for my stuff in the aluminum boxes or panniers. By different colors of the bags everything was quickly findable. Maybe that's a organizing solution that helps you.

Reactions: Blu12T

Djack06

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arlington, VA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Liles
Member #

On the road with the dualsport bike I always had small nylon fabric bags for my stuff in the aluminum boxes or panniers. By different colors of the bags everything was quickly findable. Maybe that's a organizing solution that helps you.
thank you!

Reactions: El-Dracho