You have 6000$ go

• HTML tutorial

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

IMG_0239.JPG You sell your 90 toyota truck for 6000$ dollars and put it into your new rig, what do you buy.
RTT included, its gotta still fit in the garage.
Go!

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
2018 trd off road, factory rear locker, crawl control, multi terrain selection, built in navigation.
Tires, recovery points front and rear, some sort of rack system for the bed to hold the RTT and other gear, and a recovery strap/rope. Any money left over I'd use for traveling and paying off the loan on the vehicle.

Last edited:

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
If you want to get the most value for the money, then let the choices emerge naturally from necessity. By that, I mean go camping and exploring with the basics, and then let the real needs emerge (based on your style, and your destinations). Instead of buying a bunch of suggestions up front, half of which will get left in the garage later during real trips as you decide that they waste precious space and energy.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

If you want to get the most value for the money, then let the choices emerge naturally from necessity.
This really is the best answer, and one offered in a lot of similar threads. The vehicle is very capable out of the box. Drive it and see what drags or gets bumped. Then evaluate your options.

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Sliders first. Cheap insurance. I agree with being patient with the rest or paying down the note.

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
This really is the best answer, and one offered in a lot of similar threads. The vehicle is very capable out of the box. Drive it and see what drags or gets bumped. Then evaluate your options.
I agree. I updated my list based on this thought process. Still would be nice to add a few things for piece of mind.

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

If you want to get the most value for the money, then let the choices emerge naturally from necessity. By that, I mean go camping and exploring with the basics, and then let the real needs emerge (based on your style, and your destinations). Instead of buying a bunch of suggestions up front, half of which will get left in the garage later during real trips as you decide that they waste precious space and energy.
Thats the plan really, just wanted to set u guys loose and see what popped up

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

I would buy a trailer tent but I guess that doesn't count xD
It is hard to see what kind of tires are on the truck but I would go for some good off road tires, maybe suspension depending on what you want to do.. and put the rest to camping gear and maybe some extra camp lights and a dual battery setup.