Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
I have not finished the interior of my SEMA build Transit but I wanted to get out for some day trip learning so I understand how it handles off road.
Quadvan does a great job on the conversion, the front diff is a Raptor 8.8 unit and the stock Ford 9.75 rear is plenty strong.
Eaton TruTracs front and rear seem to work well and the Ecoboost puts out plenty of torque at a decently low rpm for off road use.
Watch me lift a few tires in the air...
All questions welcome.

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

A friend of mine is building one of these right now. He probably won't be off-roading like this, but nice to know it can handle it.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Awesome vehicle. I much prefer this to the overbilt vehicles so high off the ground.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

A friend of mine is building one of these right now. He probably won't be off-roading like this, but nice to know it can handle it.
Did your friend add the Raptor 8.8" up front and the TrueTracs front and rear?

-TJ

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I think everyone secretly wants a 4wd van to play with off road :tonguewink: Do you have any plans to throw a locker in the front or rear?
I not-so-secretly do. He posted that they added TrueTracs front and rear, while not a full locker I'd be surprised if they now plan to remove them and add a selectable locker or something of the sort.

-TJ

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
I think everyone secretly wants a 4wd van to play with off road :tonguewink: Do you have any plans to throw a locker in the front or rear?
It has Eaton Trutrac's which are helical gear lockers. They just need a touch of left foot braking if a wheel is completely off the ground.
As much as I have always enjoyed flipping a switch I like the Zero maintenance and anyone can drive this of the TruTracs