Sweetwater, TN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Feeny
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK5NL
@TerraCrawler thats a great looking trailer. I unfortunately am not ready to buy quite yet. I am sorry to hear about the family health issues, I know all to well what that is like. My wife has stage 4 colon cancer which spread to her liver. We have been in the fight for 4 years now.

I regress, I am looking at the XV2 which I believe now is available with the XV3 galley system. What are your pros / cons on your trailer?
Pros:
Every option available installed
Great lighting
fenders are very functional, use them as small tables, stand on them to get to things up top, etc
Everything very well built, like a tank
Height is low enough (just under 7' collapsed) to fit in a standard garage
Matched the wheels/tires to my 4runner, tracking was perfect

For specifics I have a post on here FOR SALE - For Sale: Sweetwater, TN - 2017 XVenture XV-3 Deluxe Plus, $22,000

Cons:
There really aren't any. I guess mine was the year before they went to the galley, so I don't have that, however, I have the large tongue box, and I keep my kitchen stuff on my 4runner.
This way even without my trailer I can day trip and have my fridge, stove etc. Plus I really make use of the large space of the tongue box.

dugan.rec

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Christensen
After doing a search for Xventure on the forum is see a lot of guys have sold them. Wondering from the guys that have them or have had them; what are the pros/cons?

If you sold it, was it the trailer or did it just not suit your needs anymore?

What is your favorite feature?

I am asking because I see a lot of potential in this trailer, and may change my plans and go with a trailer, the XV2 in particular.
Great question - I have one, and also currently have it listed for sale, it just doesn't match our needs right now. It's overbuilt and we are going to pursue a teardrop style for faster setup in certain circumstances. It's sad, because I LOVE this trailer, it's just not quite right for our family.

Pros:
Heinously burly build - totally bombproof. The thing can airlifted for crying out loud!
Off-road capability - it'll go anywhere
Galley system (pro and con) - solid, very useful
Integrated lighting - so, so nice - might be my favorite feature
Trailer bed is multi-use, can be used for larger cargo as well
Hard rolling tonneau cover allows transport of larger, lighter weight bulky cargo (kayaks, canoe, etc.)
On-board water with heater - running, hot water while camping? Game-changer...

Cons:
Set up - not quite as rapid as we would like for being on the move every day. For a base camp this is amazing. It's just a little cumbersome for moving each day
Galley table - a little on the low side, and stows in the front so can be a little tough to slide out, but once you get the hang of it it's not bad
Accessibility of the bed once deployed - tough to get at the stuff in the bed behind the galley - would do well with a draw system and low profile crates on top in my opinion - I thought of building those out, but decided to go in a different direction with a different rig.

Happy to give more thoughts on specific questions if desired - check out my post for my trailer for sale in Colorado.

RyanJ

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Great question - I have one, and also currently have it listed for sale, it just doesn't match our needs right now. It's overbuilt and we are going to pursue a teardrop style for faster setup in certain circumstances. It's sad, because I LOVE this trailer, it's just not quite right for our family.

Pros:
Heinously burly build - totally bombproof. The thing can airlifted for crying out loud!
Off-road capability - it'll go anywhere
Galley system (pro and con) - solid, very useful
Integrated lighting - so, so nice - might be my favorite feature
Trailer bed is multi-use, can be used for larger cargo as well
Hard rolling tonneau cover allows transport of larger, lighter weight bulky cargo (kayaks, canoe, etc.)
On-board water with heater - running, hot water while camping? Game-changer...

Cons:
Set up - not quite as rapid as we would like for being on the move every day. For a base camp this is amazing. It's just a little cumbersome for moving each day
Galley table - a little on the low side, and stows in the front so can be a little tough to slide out, but once you get the hang of it it's not bad
Accessibility of the bed once deployed - tough to get at the stuff in the bed behind the galley - would do well with a draw system and low profile crates on top in my opinion - I thought of building those out, but decided to go in a different direction with a different rig.

Happy to give more thoughts on specific questions if desired - check out my post for my trailer for sale in Colorado.
Pros and cons are spot on.
We had our XV-2 for 3 years and thoroughly enjoyed it and have zero regrets in the purchase. But we were ready for a change.
We do a lot of weekend trips where we leave after work on Friday and come home on Sunday. After a while, set up and tear down(especially if you had to dry out the tent when you got home) for short trips had us wanting something that we could set up and pack up quicker.
We considered selling our CVT soft shell tent and replacing it with a Baroud hard shell, I think that would have helped in shortening set up and pack up time by a fair amount. Setting up the kitchen with first getting the table out and placing it on the trailer and then setting up the stove, sink, faucet, making the water and propane connections was Just long enough that we got annoyed with it. Want to stop along the way and cook some lunch? Not going to happen quickly.
Probably the most annoying thing to me about the trailer was how noisy the rack is. It’s noisy when offroad and its also noisy when moving around in the tent. Not much you can do about it, its an adjustable rack so there has to be some slop built in.

We had zero issues or problems with our Xventure in the 3 years we owned it. I’ve not seen any other utility type camp trailer that can come close to what the Xventure is and for anyone who is looking for this type of trailer, buy with confidence.

This past February, we bought a Mission Overland trailer. It’s much like a tear drop, but the top pops up so you can stand up in it. So far we love it and it’s quick set up. Put your rig in park, open the top of the trailer with 2 latches and an upward push of the top and slide the kitchen out. Done, get yourself a drink. One thing I want to add to this new trailer that the Xventure had is rock lights. They provide great ground area lighting around the trailer at night without blinding anyone.

Reactions: Road and Wallygator

Jrodrigues1278

Rank III

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Rodrigues
Member #

Pros and cons are spot on.
We had our XV-2 for 3 years and thoroughly enjoyed it and have zero regrets in the purchase. But we were ready for a change.
We do a lot of weekend trips where we leave after work on Friday and come home on Sunday. After a while, set up and tear down(especially if you had to dry out the tent when you got home) for short trips had us wanting something that we could set up and pack up quicker.
We considered selling our CVT soft shell tent and replacing it with a Baroud hard shell, I think that would have helped in shortening set up and pack up time by a fair amount. Setting up the kitchen with first getting the table out and placing it on the trailer and then setting up the stove, sink, faucet, making the water and propane connections was Just long enough that we got annoyed with it. Want to stop along the way and cook some lunch? Not going to happen quickly.
Probably the most annoying thing to me about the trailer was how noisy the rack is. It’s noisy when offroad and its also noisy when moving around in the tent. Not much you can do about it, its an adjustable rack so there has to be some slop built in.

We had zero issues or problems with our Xventure in the 3 years we owned it. I’ve not seen any other utility type camp trailer that can come close to what the Xventure is and for anyone who is looking for this type of trailer, buy with confidence.

This past February, we bought a Mission Overland trailer. It’s much like a tear drop, but the top pops up so you can stand up in it. So far we love it and it’s quick set up. Put your rig in park, open the top of the trailer with 2 latches and an upward push of the top and slide the kitchen out. Done, get yourself a drink. One thing I want to add to this new trailer that the Xventure had is rock lights. They provide great ground area lighting around the trailer at night without blinding anyone.
I wonder if the new galley option (sink stove) that slides out like on xv3 would have changed your mind on set up.

TerraCrawler

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sweetwater, TN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Feeny
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK5NL
I prefer fridge and stove in my vehicle, so that I have access to it when i am untethered and on outings which can last all day. Otherwise you have to use an additional cooler and stove, and it just seems more ideal to keep fridge, stove in tow vehicle. This also gives you a lot more usable room in the tongue box.

Reactions: Wallygator

Jrodrigues1278

Rank III

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Rodrigues
Member #

I prefer fridge and stove in my vehicle, so that I have access to it when i am untethered and on outings which can last all day. Otherwise you have to use an additional cooler and stove, and it just seems more ideal to keep fridge, stove in tow vehicle. This also gives you a lot more usable room in the tongue box.
You do bring up a good point, a smaller fridge could be used in tow vehicle while a freezer in trailer tongue box, if using trailer as a base camp, leaving the cargo box for larger items or extended travel.