X-Bull Gen2 vs Gen3: Who has used a Gen3 in recovery?

• HTML tutorial

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
The Gen3 has some new design features which address a few issues the Gen2 has, namely the tendency to melt the teeth. Does anyone have or have used a Gen3 version yet. Teeth design, underside structure changes, new stacking challenges, etc. In the accompanying You-Tube video, those questions are answered.

He also has a nice fix that addresses melted teeth, which works around the max-trax replacement studs and their cost. It seems to work with the caveat of no tire spin, yeah, just like max-trax, the cautions about that. :astonished:

This might also explain all the CLONE brands on sale pre Xmas, this last year. The Gen3 now has a...X....in their molding, as seen, where the Gen2 does not, and looks like the CLONES on the market.. 1579595277191.png

This is the YOU-Tube Title. The URL will not import directly. Cut-n-paste the title in the search window. By ( narrow road adventures )

Are the NEW X-Bull Gen 3 Recovery Tracks Better than Gen 2?

Last edited:

Misplaced Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

508 7th Street, Howe, IN, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Sturgill
Member #

I have never used these, however I have seen them used and I think that a huge benefit to any traction board would be a handle on the end to help with the dig our process. Seems like most use them for a shovel before a traction aid. My 2 cents

Reactions: madcratebuilder

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
During my shopping travels, on Amazon today, i came across these. Not X-Bull, but a CLONE of their GEN3 design.1580112543858.png
Same picture as my above post X-BULL but with a carrying bag now included. Has the new trademark stamping in the board (molded chevron), on the end also.
ZESUPER New Recovery Traction Tracks Escape Buddy Traction Mats for Off-Road Mud, Sand, Snow (Pack of 2) (Black).
RED?, ORANGE? ,......$69.90

It didn't seem to take long before the CLONE WARS would start :astonished: As many of us have remarked, their probably the same factory, different shift, with the possibility of a different injection mold material, depending on price point and under which company name it is sold. AKA,,recycled plastic (cheap), virgin plastic (better), or nylon polymer strands (BEST) .

*****Price is not too bad for after the holiday season, and before the spring thaw. The X-Bull is only a few dollars more $74.99, but be careful, as some are called GEN3, but still show a GEN2 picture on Amazon.*****

anotherJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Birmingham, Alabama
First Name
Cullen
Last Name
S
Member #

837D9C47-7ED4-494F-BE92-FBC5953B1495.JPGIMG_5473.JPG

I've been off-roading since I was a kid and have never owned traction mats until these gen 3 x-bull from amazon. They are badass. Only complaint is they weigh 50 pounds each when filled with mud. I FULL SENT it in 4-low and thought I roasted the knobs off these boards....they are fine. zero damage outside of scuffs and scrapes you'd expect. no cracking or plastic being burnt off. I'm buying another set soon because 2 isn't enough

Reactions: Desert Runner

JSearles562

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Potsdam, NY, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Searles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2SOC
I've just received my Gen3s in the mail this past week. I have not yet had the chance to use them and honestly I'm not sure any experience I have with them in the deep snow of Northern NY will translate to usable data for Southern Nevada, but i can say that they seem like a quality product and I'll update you when I manage to get my WK stuck again.

Reactions: MuckSavage