Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
My son and I are in the Casper area. I am changing my overloading rig from a well built Subaru to a Chevy Siverrado with a Four Wheel Camper for more long distance trips. Sold the Subaru and selling my Teardrop trailer. My son has a Silverado Trail Boss and teardrop and we both enjoy camping and exploring.
0-1.jpg
Falken Tires  3.JPG
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_614.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_617.jpg

Contributor III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Williams

Contributor III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Williams
My son and I are in the Casper area. I am changing my overloading rig from a well built Subaru to a Chevy Siverrado with a Four Wheel Camper for more long distance trips. Sold the Subaru and selling my Teardrop trailer. My son has a Silverado Trail Boss and teardrop and we both enjoy camping and exploring.
View attachment 216971
View attachment 216972
View attachment 216974
View attachment 216973
Hey Terry. Im Dave. I also live in Casper. SE side of town. I go out quite a bit, usually in search of trout water, but often just for fun. Interested in running some trails some day?

Contributor III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Williams
Hi all. My name's Dave. I live in Casper. I have been overlanding since I started to drive 25 years ago. Below is my blue 97 TJ which is lifted, locked, etc. I got her in high school and she's been all over the county getting stuck. The pic below is from my honeymoon on a trail in Utah where my wife and I got stranded. This is 3 days later after we hiked out and had someone from the local Jeep club take us back out to un-stuck us. The following pic is my green 2007 Jeep Commander which I mainly drive. Since the pic, she's been lifted etc and is a great fishing and camping vehicle.

These days, I mainly head into the bush for camping and mainly hunting trout. I am out in the backcountry several days a week. We explore all over the state. If anyone is interesting in a trail ride or heading out fishing, let me know.

jeep1.png

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: Iridium

Wy_Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fremont County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Goss
Member #

Hello all. I am wanting to reach out to fellow Wyoming OB members. I am located out of the Riverton area. Im always looking for others to go out and hit the trails. Look forward to meeting some of you.View attachment 216923View attachment 216924View attachment 216925
Nice looking rigs. How are you like those Broncos? Any issues? Any engine problems?

Hey!!! Loving them. The Big Bronc is my favorite. Wife loves the baby one lol. No issues at all "yet" lol it is a ford after all lol.

Contributor III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Williams
Hey!!! Loving them. The Big Bronc is my favorite. Wife loves the baby one lol. No issues at all "yet" lol it is a ford after all lol.
Ive had good luck with Ford trucks over the last 20 years. I am planning on buying a Lightning when they start taking orders again. I read that some Broncos were having catastrophic engine problems at low miles, so thats what I was asking about. Its hard to tell if what you read is accurate or if its silly news. Anyways, nice lookings rigs.

Wy_Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fremont County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Goss
Member #

Ive had good luck with Ford trucks over the last 20 years. I am planning on buying a Lightning when they start taking orders again. I read that some Broncos were having catastrophic engine problems at low miles, so thats what I was asking about. Its hard to tell if what you read is accurate or if its silly news. Anyways, nice lookings rigs.
Lol thank you :). I have heard the same things. We have just over 11k on both and nothing yet. Will it out last my Taco I guess we shall see lol.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Hey Terry. Im Dave. I also live in Casper. SE side of town. I go out quite a bit, usually in search of trout water, but often just for fun. Interested in running some trails some day?
We are NE side of town. Let me talk to my son also, he has a nicely set up Chevy Trail Boss and really wants to get out more. Sadly I've sold the Outback and I now have a Silverado LT 4X4 with a 4-wheel camper on top so my trails are a bit limited. I now enjoy trips that are at least overnight. Nothing like sitting around a campfire in the evening.

IMG_3678.JPG
This taken on a trip I just completed going to visiting Texas, New Mexico and Arizona.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Hey 307ers! With winter setting in I was wondering what you all did during the camping season?
Day runs including section 4 of the WYBDR, camping in the Big Horns and a 2 week trip down to Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. A little light this year as I was finishing up construction of my House and shop.

HatchetMatt

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Fort Laramie, WY, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Pancake
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RFN
Service Branch
USMC
Checking in.
Hello to all the OB Wyo members. We joined OB years ago but have not been checking the forums for quite awhile. We are in the Fort Laramie area and have been Overlanding Full time 5 years now.
Love WYOMING!
Checkout our All Terrain Warrior!
The link above does not work anymore. I killed the Screwtube account.
You view our Overland Videos on Rumble

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

I don't know how i missed this thread, not in Wyoming but just south of the border in FoCo. Let me know if y'all ever need anything or want to meet up :)

Reactions: Wy_Overland

DangitDad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Wyoming
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Veltkamp
Member #

Here's another Cheyenne guy. Hi! Don't have much to add yet...very new and still getting the feet wet here.

Reactions: Wy_Overland