Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Maryland, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
OMalley
I just placed an order for my bedrack yesterday and I've been torn on awning ideas. I'm trying to keep the price down as much as possible, (justifying purchases to the wife with a newborn is fun...lol) keeping it to a 6.5' length so it fits my bed with minimal over hang. Anyway I was looking at some arb straight options and the wraptor and batwing compact. Does anyone have any experience with both of these? Ease of mounting? Easily deployed? Etc Leaning towards the wraptor because it's slightly cheaper. New to all this so I appreciate some schooling

fugi

Rank 0

Contributor I

US
I have the full size Batwing with two of their extensions and here are my thoughts. This is my first awning and also my first time using it. Let's start with the cons:

1. The twist lock design of the poles suck. On my first time use, one broke, and another refuses to lock no matter how much I twist the pole.
2. The guy rope loop that is sewn on of the extensions ripped off when a gust of wind came into base camp.
3. That same gust of wind that came in snapped/broke one guy line in half!
4. The extension came with 2 poles, 2 guy lines, and 2 metal pegs. - this makes no sense. Each pole accepts 2 metal pegs. There should be a total of 6 metal pegs. 3 guy lines and 3 poles!
5. The case for the awning is pretty cheap.

Pros:
1. Quick deployment.
2. Shade.
3. Budget friendly.

Knife_guy_in_wa

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Port Orchard, WA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Kauranen
Member #

Guanaequipment.com
Check out they’re 6.5x6.5 awning and the Morpho 270* awning. I’m running a Morpho in my 2017 Nissan Titan and LEER canopy.
Plug discount code: CKKNIFEAWNING to get a final price