Wrangler Rear Cargo Storage Drawers & Pull out table

• HTML tutorial

Ryan Welch

Rank II

Advocate II

Eugene, Oregon
Member #

I wanted to build a rear cargo drawer system for my 2016 Jeep Wrangler 4door. I did quite a bit of research and found some really good info out there but not a ton out there specific to the Wrangler.

I’m not an expert builder by any means. I enjoy it and can get by, but I’m no master carpenter. I took ideas I found from other online - videos and forum posts - and decided to jump in to the build. I figured I would document the process, not so much as a “how-to” video, but more as a “what-I-did” video.

For any expert builders, this would be pretty simply. But for those out there, like me, hopefully this will give you an idea of what can be done and will give you ideas for your build.

My rough sketches/measurements

Below is the list of items I purchased online:

Here’s references for resources I relied on. Thanks to these folks for posting their process:

Attachments

Last edited:

KCAT

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Pueblo, Colorado, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
King
Member #

I will be building some of these for my Scrambler soonish. I've built plenty of cabinets, bookshelves, dressers, and even rocking horses drawers should be easy. It's figuring out what and how I want it that's the hard part.

Reactions: ElDusto

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Looks great, i am planning on build something similar to what you have done. I used the same video as you did for reference.

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Nice built, I am looking to do something similar. You gave me some good ideas for mine Thanks

Reactions: Ryan Welch

YelloJakt

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oregon
I have the subwoofer in the floor there. Does anyone have any experience with storage like this negatively affecting sound?

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Brilliant sir. I really wish I could rig up something like this but we are determined to sleep in the Jeep for the time being. I think at some point we will be building one and accepting the tent life.