Wrangler JL to JK Tires?

• HTML tutorial

Zach Jacobe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend Oregon
Member #

Hello fellow overlanders! I have recently upgraded to a jeep wrangler. I absolutely love the new JL Rubicon Rims and tire combo. SO! to my fellow Overland Bound Jeepers, does anyone know if the JL Rubicon wheels can bolt on to the JK safely? I have heard the bolt pattern is the same but the threads are different. I have also heard that the lug holes in the wheels are larger than the jk rims. So if anyone knows anything that would make me less confused?!?! That would be greatly appreciated!!!!

MT_Denali

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Helena Montana
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Woodward
Member #

Not a Jeep owner. But to the best of my knowledge all new era wranglers are 5-5 (5-127) bolt pattern and all are a 1/2 thread. Even if the stud thread is different just change lug nuts and make sure the seat of the lug nut makes contact with the new wheel. Lug holes in the wheel shouldn’t be an issue. Message me if you want more details.

Lucky2Balive

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Yes absolutely speaking from experience in the Jeep world. Same pattern and fit. Would love to find a reasonable set in my area.

MT_Denali

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Helena Montana
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Woodward
Member #

Did some research. The new JL has a 14x1.5 thread pitch for lug nuts but has the same 5-5 bolt pattern. Switch your lug nuts and you’ll be just fine.

Zach Jacobe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend Oregon
Member #

Awesome! You guys are fantastic! Did i little research while i was away from my computer this holiday season and came to a similar conclusion! I am so glad you all came to this conclusion as well! Thank you for all your help! This will definitely be on the upgrade this now!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
If you love the rims you will be able to find them on Craigs list soon as people upgrade. I am sure they will be available soon.