Words of Wisdom - Personal Quotes

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

avgjoe624

Rank VI

Contributor I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

" The more I know, the more I know that I dont know"

and, from the DOI

"We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, liberty, & the pursuit of happiness

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Cav 3724

Rank I

Traveler I

You are not right because of who you are or who you think you are. You can only be right by virtue of being right.

"To those before us,
To those amongst us,
To those we will see on the other side,
Lord let me not prove unworthy of my brothers"

My son, May he rest in peace.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Snoplop

Rank I

Traveler I

The difference between school and life?
In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test.
In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.

“Worry is like a rocking chair--it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.”

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

To The World You Are Dad.
To Your Family You Are The World.

“To each there comes in their lifetime a special moment when they are figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a very special thing, unique to them and fitted to their talents.
What a tragedy if that moment finds them unprepared or unqualified for that which could have been their finest hour.”

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why.

There isn't a person anywhere who isn't capable of doing more than they think they can.

"What we think or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
The only thing of consequence is what we do."