Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I'm new to the forum/board, but have a lot of experience in trail cleanups and trail work. Let me know if I can help with your project/idea. I do land use full time, nationwide.
Del
Land Use Ambassador for BlueRibbon Coalition.
Hey Del - welcome to Overland Bound, and a big welcome to the Land Use - Leave It Better Than You Found It forum, too. You come highly recommended, of course, and we're pleased to have you aboard. We started this section of the forums in response to member requests, and am sure as things get rolling your experience and expertise will be invaluable.

As Overland Bound continues to grow it becomes more and more of a potential force in helping members and public to stay informed and alerted as to ways to become involved.

We appreciate your willingness to help out!

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

My initial impressions of Overland Bound is that you can be (already are) a major force in keeping our sport and exploration adrenaline alive and well. My personal message never waivers; if we all do our part, whatever that may be depending on our circumstances, we can keep overland alive.
Amen - "If we all do our part, whatever that may be depending on our circumstances, we can keep overland alive" is a great way to put it.

As I've written before, I believe it is important to not only be involved in responsible trail activities and organizations, but to lead by example for both new members and public. It is up to us, as members, to make this happen in good, positive, ways and to encourage the public to become more involved, too.

The Trail Guardian Trail Cleanup and creating Trail Guardian Rally Point program is intentionally open to both members and public.

Reactions: Del Albright

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I'm new to the forum/board, but have a lot of experience in trail cleanups and trail work. Let me know if I can help with your project/idea. I do land use full time, nationwide.
Del
Land Use Ambassador for BlueRibbon Coalition.

Hi Del, welcome to the forum! It's good to have you hear, I hope you, combined with the collective resources Overland Bound can muster can continue to make a big impact in responsible land use.

I think this forum is a good place to inform all the members here when there is an opportunity to communicate with our state and local representatives about land use.
I'm not in that loop so much, so I hope others that are more informed can let everyone know where, who and HOW to write to the right people that make decisions about keeping our public lands open for generations to come.

Dan.

Del Albright

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mokelumne Hill, CA
Member #

The people who don't care for our form of recreation have a saying: Think globally; act locally. Smart. We should do the same. Figure out WHO in your local area can use YOUR help; and just do it.
On the global scale, like what BlueRibbon Coalition/Sharetrails is doing for us in Washington DC or with the feds in meetings etc. is what keeps us on the roads. But for you, locally, figure out what part you can play.
A day of cleaning up some local trail that has been trashed. A day helping some local club even if you are not a member with a trail project. Every day helps.

One of my standing articles on land use is called: One for One Proposal. For every day on the trail, do ONE thing to save a trail -- meeting, letter, phone call, cleanup, whatever.
Here it is: http://www.delalbright.com/Articles/one.htm
Del

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
The people who don't care for our form of recreation have a saying: Think globally; act locally. Smart. We should do the same. Figure out WHO in your local area can use YOUR help; and just do it.
On the global scale, like what BlueRibbon Coalition/Sharetrails is doing for us in Washington DC or with the feds in meetings etc. is what keeps us on the roads. But for you, locally, figure out what part you can play.
A day of cleaning up some local trail that has been trashed. A day helping some local club even if you are not a member with a trail project. Every day helps.

One of my standing articles on land use is called: One for One Proposal. For every day on the trail, do ONE thing to save a trail -- meeting, letter, phone call, cleanup, whatever.
Del

Thanks Del, I can commit to this "One for One" mentality.

Now I have to figure out who and how to write a letter... :flushed: :smirk:

Dan

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Del
One for One - perfect. So glad you're here, Del.

Reactions: Corrie

Robert Jordan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Grass Valley, CA
Member #

Hey Del,

Long time no talk! How have you been? I think it has been about 3-4 years since we have hung out/talked. I am still in the Nor Cal area, specifically Grass Valley and am always here to help if you ever want me.

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

A helping hand is always appreciated. There sure does need to be more people like this. I will be in the Colorado area willing to offer any assistance with conducting trail cleanups and other trail maintenance duties.