Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

last week I invited a friend to go fishing and through out the whole ride.. all I got was back seat driver discussion on “don’t go through there, slow down . Don’t take that trail”

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Because they are scardity cats. They are bored and always better drivers than the real driver. lol

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Duct tape or small ball peen hammer......Wake/untape at destination......

LOL!

Reactions: MazeVX and Cpol

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I know that problem that's why I usually don't take people with me ...
My girl is so confident that she often falls asleep and I need to wake her up when I need a spotter... No she's not bored

Reactions: Graeman and Cpol

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

This does work without any physical harm coming to the troublesome occupant in the vehicle, stop the first store of any type from a gas station to home depot/feed and seed store and give them $20.00 and tell the you this 1 item and send them in to the store. Alright once they are inside the store (with there cell phone so they can call a loved one) send them a text that they can pick up there stuff when you get back. O and they can keep the change. You friendship might be over but your sanity will be intact. ROLL TIDE!!

Reactions: Ichibahn and MazeVX

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Best thing I've done is let my copilot drive through sections of trail we run. She didn't really want to but did it with flying colors. She never complained to begin with, but that was just her learning to trust my judgement and enjoying the ride. The kiddos are a different story. I just tell them to hush up and hang on :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Cpol

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Hmmmm,, I’ve never ever had that happen.. I don’t keep such people around me. My friends, all three of them, just wouldn’t dream of being buttholes. And my very best friend trusts me completely, however, she has asked me to stay a little further away from the edge..

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
The folks that ride with me and that I ride with all trust each others judgement. A casual comment about drifting one way or the other is just a friendly warning that one of us saw something in the trail the driver might not have. "You might want to ease driver" or something similar.

We're all along for the ride so a side trail or some road we don't know is just another adventure.

My definition of "friends" seems to be a bit more concise than a lot of people's though. That means I'm probably a bit more isolated in everyday life than most. It kind of sounds like the folks you are around don't share your taste for adventure. Not that they aren't good friends, just that they aren't quite "like minded" enough to join in on all your adventures.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Oh man! I think this is a deal every man deals with. My old lady is the worst at side seat driving! Funny this post is here. Had a big convo about this the other day!! Huge pet peeve If you wanna drive then do it when you are actually driving because otherwise. No soup for you!!

Reactions: PatriotT4R and Cpol

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Oh man! I think this is a deal every man deals with. My old lady is the worst at side seat driving! Funny this post is here. Had a big convo about this the other day!! Huge pet peeve If you wanna drive then do it when you are actually driving because otherwise. No soup for you!!
Is it something the aka "Wife" is born? How to ruin a perfectly good trip and turn it into a catastrophe while leaving you dumb founded and speechless wandering WTF just happened!! Worst part she can get to start believing that you actually did something wrong?!!

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Oh man, I think its more or less if a tree fell in the woods but she wasnt around to hear it. Your still wrong haha. Made her drive a day once and did the same and she got so dang mad! Its like it doesnt work to well does it. Luckly she doesnt do it on the trails but getting there is like a drivers ed exam.

Reactions: Cpol and PatriotT4R