Why Did You Become a Member of Overland Bound?

• HTML tutorial

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
Like a few others, I read the forums prior to even becoming a member and actually thought wow this is actually a really neat group of world wide individuals who share my same interest and actually have some pretty good ideas. I then joined the forum and began to slowly get involved in posts and in not only sharing the destinations but my experiences and swapping ideas with others who've been in the same situations. After being convinced there was value to this community not only at the forum level but believe it or not as a family when I've met up other fellow members along my journey I decided to become a full fledged member of OB and purchase my membership happily. This is a great community with great folks great and its definitely one of the best decisions I made in joining OB! Outfit and explore boys and girls!

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
I was actually a paying member of another forum that was not overland based, but had quite a few overland enthusiasts. But many of the people on the forum were terrible to some of the less knowledgeable members ... and, frequently, it was the moderators who were the worst. It was a real turn-off. I was surfing the Internet one night when I came across Overland Bound. I spent hours poring over the forums. I watched a few videos on YouTube, as well. Within a day, I had ordered my membership emblems. I love the founding principles of OB, all of them, from #1 through #18. Personal favorites are ... actually, I think they are all pretty great.

The past year was a rough one at work. I worked way too many hours and I didn't go camping once. But things have finally started to slow down at work again and I have a few trips planned for this year. My nephew and I are hitting the trails together now, and he is really into overlanding and building out a few overlanding vehicles. I just purchased an OB membership for him. Can't wait to give him his emblems and explain everything to him. He is going to love this community!

Last edited:
Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I like driving off-road. But my wheeler was hardly road or kid friendly and as such, sat 99% of the year unused. But I've always been just as happy on a gravel road as I am crossed up in a rock garden or sitting around a camp fire with some buddies.

I wanted something that the whole family could enjoy and a vehicle that was comfortable enough to travel in as well. Many of the groups I am in are not elitist (I leave those places fast) but focus on the more challenging trails and routes and that just didn't suit what I'm interested in doing anymore.

I saw a link to OB somewhere and within minutes of reading the founding principals knew this was something I wanted to be a part of and try to champion.

I believe that you can go adventure in whatever you want to drive. I believe in taking care of our land and trails. I believe in taking new folks under your wing and helping them learn these things so that we can all get the most from our experiences.

I wish I could devote more time to the forum to welcome new folks and engage in more conversations. I try to be as active as I can.

I've made some new friends here, both web friends and local friends, and hope to continue going out on adventures with them.

Reactions: Itacal