Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SoCal
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Many will question why someone would want to add rock sliders to a Raptor. So let's begin with the intended usage for my Raptor. Coming from a 2017 Toyota Tacoma, that was built for family camping and "Overlanding", the Raptor was purchased to give additional in-cab space and more power. Having damaged the rocker panel on my Tacoma, I learned the hard way that if you plan on offroading with a loaded vehicle, rock sliders are a great accessory to prevent costly damage to your vehicle. This is even more important on the Gen2 Raptor, based on how the doors wrap below the body of the cab.

After extensive research on rock sliders for the Gen2, the only offering was a weld-on slider from SDHQ. While these look good, I wasn't ready to weld these to the frame of my 2020 vehicle. So, in November 2020, I reached out to White Knuckle Offroad to see if their F-150 sliders would work on a 2020 Raptor. As you can imagine, they were absolutely slammed with orders stemming from pandemic buying, so it took a few months for us to find a time to test fit these on my truck. In June, we were able to confirm that the sliders would fit onto the Raptor. So, they took my order and would let me know when they were complete.

Fast-forward to August and I get an email that the sliders are in and to come up to the shop to have them installed. To be clear, they also ship these at a buyer's request. But since they were going on a newly-defined vehicle, some photos were in order. One thing I love about the offroad community are the people. John and his staff at White Knuckle Offroad are probably some of the nicest people you will meet. They produce a first rate product and have the customer service to match. They will go out of there way to make sure you are happy with your purchase.

Following are some pictures of the new sliders on the truck. As I get more with them, offroad, I will provide updates. My initial impressions are that they look very "OE". It's enough of a step to keep my wife happy and with the filler plates, they will prevent rocks and debris from damaging the body of the truck. If you have more questions or are interested in additional details or options, check out their website. White Knuckle Offroad Bolt-on Sliders for Gen2

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

Reactions: huachuca

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

Those look really nice as does the truck. I agree with everything you’ve said about White Knuckle’s products and their staff. I have a ZR2 gasser with the Bison package to which AEV adds a cross member brace to protect the exhaust crossover pipe. This caused a conflict with the forward slider mount on the passenger side but, within a couple of months, John had worked out an acceptable and functional mod to resolve the issue. Even more impressive, I was kept in the loop at all times.

Reactions: Kendv8s