Which Portable ViAir for '17 Colorado

• HTML tutorial

B^2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

I'm in the market for a portable viair system that I can use for my 2017 Chevy Colorado as well as my 1970 Datsun 510. I like the flexibility of using the system between multiple vehicles. Which model should I be looking at? Right now I'm running Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac for tires as part of the midnight edition package for the Colorado.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I'm in the market for a portable viair system that I can use for my 2017 Chevy Colorado as well as my 1970 Datsun 510. I like the flexibility of using the system between multiple vehicles. Which model should I be looking at? Right now I'm running Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac for tires as part of the midnight edition package for the Colorado.
It is dependent on the size of your tires and how long you want to wait to fill. Pretty sure all of the ones listed on Amazon show the largest recommended tire size for each model. If you can afford the next size up that isn’t a bad thing due to the duty cycle/time limit for the compressor.

Personally I would get the 400P.

Wherever you go, there you are. Sent from my phone.

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Tire size has a lot to do with it. I have a viair 88p. 20amp connects to the battery with alligator clips. They say it’s good up to a 33” tire. My tires are about 30.5 inches and it works pretty well. Fills them up to street pressure pretty quickly. I store mine with a tire pressure gauge and some tire plugs in an old metal ammo can and it fits perfectly

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk