Where can/should we camp in Cali this weekend?

• HTML tutorial

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

My little brother is stationed at Travis AFB just outside of San Fran and my other brother (not Darrell) and I are flying out of Dallas tomorrow (Friday) to go visit for a couple days before he is sent to Dubai for a year. We had to change plans at the last minute and now we are thinking of just driving through some of the national parks and doing some sight seeing, maybe some hiking. Yosemite, Big Trees, Lassen are all possibilities within a reasonable drive. We are flying out Of San Fran Sunday mid afternoon so can't go too far.

We are all three hammock campers, and I've looked at a few of the big parks and realize they are all booked up solid, or don't allow tree hangers (looking at you sequoia, those trees can take it). We don't need anywhere developed, as long as it's a decent site, close (less than a mile) from parking and not subject to being booked up 18 months in advance. I've never been out that way, and have no idea of what's there. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not afraid to book a holiday inn express, but what's the fun in that? Lol

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
His year in Dubai will be awesome, I loved it. I would go up the northern Ca coast on H1 and see what you see. Or drive through Yosemite to 395 and head north to Lassen. Camping will be tough in spots but the upper park in Yosemite, Tuolumne meadows may have some sites. Good luck. Thank your Bro for his service as I am a 26 yr AF vet, retired from Travis AFB in 2007........

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

His year in Dubai will be awesome, I loved it. I would go up the northern Ca coast on H1 and see what you see. Or drive through Yosemite to 395 and head north to Lassen. Camping will be tough in spots but the upper park in Yosemite, Tuolumne meadows may have some sites. Good luck. Thank your Bro for his service as I am a 26 yr AF vet, retired from Travis AFB in 2007........
Thanks, I'll look into doing that. And I'll let him know. Thank you as well.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk